Regular Contributor

Does anyone else have to rely soley on spf in your powder for sunscreen protection?+++

I use physician's formula pressed mineral powder spf 16. I love it and have absolutely no problems with it.

For sunscreen, it doesn't matter if it is physical or chemical in nature, even the *ultra pure for babies skin *types, by evening my rosacea is so flared up.

I am not out in the sun on a regular basis and if I was going to be somewhere where I knew I would need heavy duty sun protection, I would use a sunblock and just deal with the rosacea issues later.

I was just wondering how you all with hypersensitive, rosacea skin handles this issue.

Thanks!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else have to rely soley on spf in your powder for sunscreen protection?+++

Go to a physical mineral sunscreen versus the chemical sunscreens you are using. You can find them in health food stores.
Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone else have to rely soley on spf in your powder for sunscreen protection?+++

Believe me, I have tried. 

Regular Contributor

I wish I could find a pure physical sunscreen with minimal ingredients and that wouldn't leave my face so sticky. Putting powder over something like that is a nightmare.

Esteemed Contributor

I have some of the Laura Geller power with SPF.  I don't like the color but the texture is OK.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

A good friend suffers from rosacea and other skin issues. She and I go to the same dermatologist who gave her a sample of this Elta MD product. My friend said it's the first sunscreen she's ever used that doesn't upset her problem skin. She's over the moon about it! (I use Elta MD Tinted SPF 41 and have loved it for years. Great protection, every day. ) Elta MD makes terrific products, which is why so many derms recommend them.  (And by the way, my derm sells NO products in her office. She just recommends products for specific issues when they really do as promised.)

Esteemed Contributor

Me!  Not only do I have bouts of rosacea and sensitive skin, but I have very oily skin.  I use a primer with SPF, a foundation with SPF, and SPF powder.   A separate SPF cream or lotion makes my complexion greasy and causes occasional flare-ups. 

Using a powder with SPF has been a lifesaver for me.

When I'm working out in the yard, I do use a spray-on Neutrogena SPF on my face and elsewhere.  I also wear a wide-brimmed hat.  I'm careful, but I cannot wear a cream or lotion SPF.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I am horribly allergic to sunscreen and I live in Florida. When i go to the pool I use one for babies on my face and a spray one for babies on my back and shoulders. As soon as I am through with my swim I shower and get it off. The rest of the time  - if I am out and about doing errands etc I usually wear a baseball cap to shade my face and if I go for a walk etc cap and large sunglasses. I don't use anything to just walk up to get the mail or walk from the car to a building. i can't wear MU with sunscreen or lotion with sunscreen because my eyes swell up and burn  & water.

Honored Contributor

I use Bare Minerals Prime Time primer SPF 30 under my mineral makeup.