Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else find Tatcha Cleansing Oil Drying?

[ Edited ]

YES! I tried it when it was first available and it did dry my face out. I found out it contains the drying kind of alcohol so NO WONDER it dried my face out! Not sure why it contains drying alcohol!

INGREDIENTS: CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN OIL, POLYGLYCERYL-­‐ 10 DIOLEATE, POLYGLYCERYL-­‐2 SESQUICAPRYLATE, CAMELLIA JAPONICA SEED OIL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS (GREEN TEA) LEAF EXTRACT, ALGAE EXTRACT, WATER,GLYCERYL BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, FRAGRANCE (NATURAL), ALCOHOL, PHENOXYETHANOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else find Tatcha Cleansing Oil Drying?

Yes, I also found it to leave my skin feeling dry and tight, which I also thought was strange for an oil. But there are ingredients in there other than oil and I think they're the cause.

I've actually been using the Garnier cleansing oil for about $6 for 4.2 ounces at my HEB grocery store. Some people don't like that it has mineral oil, but I don't mind that. It's worked very well for me, leaves my skin feeling moisturized, and is a fraction of the price of the Tatcha. It has two drawbacks - the fragrance and the bottle. The fragrance really bothered me the first time, but it seemed to calm down after being open and stopped bothering me by the second use. I have no idea why cosmetics companies insist on putting fragrance in anything that goes on your face. Just stop already! The bottle is also bad and tends to leak and drip. It's not like oil pours all over the counter, but it is a nuisance. You can put it in a soap dish or a pretty mug to keep the oil from getting on the counter.