Respected Contributor

Does anyone else find Tatcha Cleansing Oil Drying?

Just tried it for the first time last night. I was expecting it to remove all of my makeup, which it did! But, based on reviews, I was also expecting it to leave my skin moist and glowing. Instead, it left my skin parched, flaking, and rather dull. I was pleased that I didn't have any redness, but I found that it stripped my skin a lot more than my usual nightly cleanse with Purity made Simple. Since Purity is a soap cleanser and Tatcha is an oil cleanser, I was expecting the opposite. Does anyone else find Tatcha drying? I was thinking about trying Dr. Young's but wondering if the results will be similar.
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else find Tatcha Cleansing Oil Drying?

[ Edited ]

@Rachb  I remember reading similar experiences from some other people who tried Tatcha.  I hope you'll still try Dr. Young's.  I haven't heard of anyone experiencing dry skin or flaking with it.  Some people use it as the first step in a double-cleanse routine (oil first and then a foaming type cleanser) while others use it as their only cleanser.  I use a pre-moistened facial cloth to remove surface makeup and then do a single cleanse with the Dr. Young cleansing oil.  My face has never felt stripped, dry, or irritated.

Respected Contributor

I personally do not find the Tatcha cleansing oil drying, however, I do prefer the Bobbi Brown cleansing oil, and find that it leaves my skin very soft and just feels better.  I've used the BB oil for years and that's my go to cleanser (I typically use 2-3).  

Trusted Contributor

Oil....drying ?  hmmm...

I have extremely dry skin but don't find it as such. You ARE supposed to immediately wash it off however. I assume you do this.

Respected Contributor

Yes, per the directions, I applied to dry face, rub gently for 10-15 seconds, and rinse. I was surprised, too, the my skin was so dry after.
Respected Contributor

@JLF, I'm ordering the Dr. Young's today. Is Amazon the best place to get it?
Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
@JLF, I'm ordering the Dr. Young's today. Is Amazon the best place to get it?

@Rachb - Yes, that's the only place I know of that sells it.

Honored Contributor

I too found the Tatcha cleansing products drying, the oil and the rice powder was not a good buy for me, sent it back.

Contributor

I've been using this everyday lately and my skin has been so dry.  I didn't connect the 2 since it's an oil and didn't even think it could dry me out ~ but your post made me realize that the tatcha must be drying out my skin since it's the only new thing I've added to my skin regime.  I love the tatcha for taking off eye makeup but I'm going to have to start using something else. 

Thank you for your post, I have been driving myself crazy wondering why my skin is so dry (I am usually not dry at all). 

Respected Contributor

Me neither, JoJa. Thats why it was so apparent to me. Just order the Skinn AM/PM cleanser duo to try.