Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else breakout when wearing It cc?

@homedecorator wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

I didn't break out, but I got a rash.  I have no problem with the Celebration Foundation, however.  

One product that did break me out was Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten.  I also can't wear Mally's product, and several others.  My skin is just too allergic and sensitive!

I love the celebration foundation, and also have never had any irritation from it. A friend of mine told me the it original cc has mica, and the illuminating formula doesn't. I'm not sure if that is true, I haven't checked the labels. If so, maybe that's the ingredient that irritates my skin. I have also had the same irritation with the Pur Mineral foundation.

I just checked the ingredient decks for both of them on Sephora, and I think your friend got it reversed. Mica is not listed on the plain CC, but is listed as "+/-" on the Illumination version.

Super Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@homedecorator wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

I didn't break out, but I got a rash.  I have no problem with the Celebration Foundation, however.  

One product that did break me out was Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten.  I also can't wear Mally's product, and several others.  My skin is just too allergic and sensitive!

I love the celebration foundation, and also have never had any irritation from it. A friend of mine told me the it original cc has mica, and the illuminating formula doesn't. I'm not sure if that is true, I haven't checked the labels. If so, maybe that's the ingredient that irritates my skin. I have also had the same irritation with the Pur Mineral foundation.

I just checked the ingredient decks for both of them on Sephora, and I think your friend got it reversed. Mica is not listed on the plain CC, but is listed as "+/-" on the Illumination version.

That's interesting..I guess my skin tolerates mica. I wonder if there are any other differences in the ingredients of the two formulas. I would like to figure out why only the regular formula causes my skin to breakout. I'll have to do a side by side comparison. Thanks for the info @noodleann!

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone who had issues send the product back?  I think it's good to let them know is something is causing problems like mentioned here. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

So I finally did my own side by side comparison of every ingredient (wow, long list) and the only difference noted is that (as @noodleann pointed out), the illumination version has mica listed. I do not breakout with the illumination version, only the regular CC..maybe my skin needs the mica? I like both versions, unfortunately my skin can't tolerate the regular version.
Respected Contributor

I found it to be way too heavy for my liking......it clogged my pores and always made me feel like I was wearing  heavy make-up.........I had one of those big tubes, but threw it in the trash.....I now do not wear any make-up, just a tinted sunblock spf 43 by Shesheido.  It works very well and I do not have any problems with blackheads or clogged pores anymore....will never go back to wearing foundation of any kind. 

Trusted Contributor

It was too greasy and heavy - did not agree with my skin. Sent it back!

But I love the original Celebration Foundation! Use the Light shade and it covers beautifully, does not crease, looks natural, and lasts all day. Stipple it on with the flat-top brush. Best foundation I have ever used. 

Super Contributor

Yes, every time I wear it my face breaks out and I am in my late 50's. I stop it my skin clears up, whne I give it another try my skin breaks out again. I WISH i KNEW THE CAUSE, I really like the coverage it gives me and the look of my skin. So sad!!

Super Contributor

I know, I have the same problem and it's frustrating! Have you tried the illumination version? I have no breakouts with the cc illumination, it's strange because the ingredient lists are almost identical.