Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else NOT use instagram? Or even know what it is?!

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

A lot of the beauty blogs I like are on instagram not facebook. Do you use it and is it important in this day and age?

Editing: I don't know what it is either! But I keep hearing it all of the time and I don't even know what it is that is so good! That is why I am asking! My son tells me that only old people use Facebook and I barely know how to use that. 

@Squirrel Lover   I gave up FB many years ago....too many photos of big family weddings. cruises, people showing off possesions, jokes and things of no interest to me. Instagram? I have an account and may glance through once in awhile, but I find it difficult to navigate...that's just me. I get enough from Youtube.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I open Instagram a couple of times a week to look at the teenage grandbabies (or James Welsh (sigh) )  He's my skincare guru.

@monicakm my dog has her own Instagram page (LOL) so most of what I look at and post on is for her and I follow, through her page, a ton of other animals.

I do follow some pages through my own but I'm not super active. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Instagram has no interest for me at all.  

I'll elaborate on that.  If I buy a book or go to a website, it is usually because I trust the person who is the author has some credentials to give me good solid ideas and information.

Instagram?  It's a bunch of unknowns who may not be any smarter than me, so what good does that do me? 

@Sooner , most of those authors probably have an Instagram page.

Honored Contributor

"Dated"?

I remember when "social media" was talking about the price of bananas while standing in the checkout line at the A&P.

Respected Contributor

I personally don't do Facebook or Twitter.  But Instagram is easy and just not so dramatic, pictures of makeup and puppies.  I am on instagram and I enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I watch too much YT!  "Hi, my name is Monica and I'm addicted to You Tube."

I love watching dog, horse and skincare/makeup videos.  I'm not a Tik Tok person but I think YT has it's own version of Tik Tok???  It's called "Shorts" and a lot of the time they are listed below the YT vid I just watched.  They show me mostly the same interests...dogs, horses and skincare and makeup.

Honored Contributor

Oh, how could I forget...real estate!  I can get lost for hours looking at estates that costs millions!  Ryan Serhant is my favorite but he's mostly all about NY listings while I prefer LA listings.  Anyone ever watch Million Dollar Listgings NY/LA?  Sorry, this has gotten off the Instagram topic Smiley Surprised  BTW, is there anyone (that doesn't live in a cave in Serbia) that hasn't heard of Instagram? LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't use instagram or know anything about it. Don't do facebook, don't twitter or any of that stuff.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Since a lot of the responses are "I don't have a smart phone", do people think you can only view Instagram on a phone?  I have the phone app, but also use it on my laptop or desktop.  I have a private account and don't post anything myself, but I enjoy it for following people/businesses that I am interested in.  It's very easy to use, just search for what/who you're interested in and then follow them.  

I do find that the phone app throws in posts from companies that I don't follow.  They're mostly targeted marketing like you'll find popping up after you look at a certain type of product.   Sometimes I don't mind but other times i find it annoying so I'll use my laptop instead.

I think it's a fun way to spend a little time each day when I'm unwinding.

Honored Contributor

By definition isn't the Forum Social Media?

On another note we don't have a Smart phone,etc.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.