Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else NOT use instagram? Or even know what it is?!

yes, i have three instagram accounts.

one for personal use, one for a fb group that i manage, and one for business.

you dont have to have a smartphone.....you can also use your computer or tablet. it works well for my needs. i also use facebook and twitter and linkedin. a great free resource for staying in touch with friends and family and a good way to get free advertising for groups or businesses.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I dont do any social media except right here !!!

Honored Contributor

I follow Sully HW Bush on Insta. that’s it.

Don’t post anything, never have.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I am on instagram.  I don't post but I follow various people.  Lots of fun stuff on there.  

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

Go mom! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

I have read enough posts on FB and Insta to know that people make their lives seem SO much better than it really is.  It's so fake.  But you know, it's like so many other things in life.  It's overused and abused.  Guess you can't have the good without the bad, unfortunately.  

I use forums to  get ideas (learn) and help others learn.  I don't care to gossip or speak negatively about others nor do I care what they had for breakfast any given morning or what kind of Starbucks coffee they're currently drinking! LOL

I do like to see what the teenage grandbabies are up to but hate that they're growing up in a "look at me!" society.

Honored Contributor

I recently started using it.  I don't post much, but it's okay...just another social media app.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Faceplacegirl wrote:
@Katcat1. I agree with you, waste of time and energy. Years ago my son left his FB “open” when he left on a trip and I “peeked” in to see other folks, LOL, and I just ended up getting a bit flustered and comparing my life to others. I think it’s a valuable tool in connecting with distant family and friends and updates of current events in other parts of the world but other than it’s a waste of my time. Some people use it as a advertising tool for their products just way too much info don’t care for any of it....I’m good without it. .

@Faceplacegirl I find a good bit of productive stuff on Facebook.  I'm a member of several groups that are quite helpful like gardening, sewing, genealogy, a group for my Ninja Foodi, etc.  No personal advertising/selling is allowed in the groups that I am in.  I also own a couple of groups, one of which has 2.9K members from all over the world. I really don't think I could find the breadth of information I get in those groups in any other one place.

Respected Contributor

I like and use IG daily! I started using it because my daughter-in-law posts lots of pictures of my granddaughters on it. I love it! I also look at FB but have never posted anything on it. My Son told me also that only old people use FB. I was watching a movie where a newly married young couple hadn't invited their parent's over for their first Christmas and his parents show up. They're worried that her parents will be upset if they find out. He says to her "How would they find out?" They both exclaim..."Facebook...how all old people find things out!" It really made me laugh!😂

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

These QVC forums are the only social media I do.  I've never joined Facebook, Instagram, or any of them.   

One of my out-of-town friends told me she wasn't going to use email anymore.  If I wanted to keep in touch with her, I'd need to join Facebook.   I told her "goodbye."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt