Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else NOT use instagram? Or even know what it is?!

[ Edited ]

Instagram has no interest for me at all.  

I'll elaborate on that.  If I buy a book or go to a website, it is usually because I trust the person who is the author has some credentials to give me good solid ideas and information.

Instagram?  It's a bunch of unknowns who may not be any smarter than me, so what good does that do me? 

Esteemed Contributor

I am only on Facebook and frankly I want to get away from even that.  I don't do Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, My Space (lol), and there is one other I can not think of right now.

I think most of these social media devices are a waste of time and are unproductive.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover   I do not partake in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Toc or whatever it is.  I value my privacy in a world that lost their privacy when the Internet was created.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Ditto.  I own a flip phone.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee   Ditto.  I own a flip phone.  lol

@Katcat1 

Me, too! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

I am on both Instagram and Facebook.  I like them both, but Instagram seems to be more popular than Facebook now.  It looks like more people are posting their pics and blogs on Instagram rather than Facebook.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I quit Insta-Sham months ago.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Regular Contributor

@Katcat1. I agree with you, waste of time and energy. Years ago my son left his FB “open” when he left on a trip and I “peeked” in to see other folks, LOL, and I just ended up getting a bit flustered and comparing my life to others. I think it’s a valuable tool in connecting with distant family and friends and updates of current events in other parts of the world but other than it’s a waste of my time. Some people use it as a advertising tool for their products just way too much info don’t care for any of it....I’m good without it. .
Honored Contributor

I look at Instagram, but rarely post! I do go on Facebook and post sometimes though! I am not on either of them all the time like some people I know! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've heard of it but don't know exactly what it is and don't use it.  Was FB for 9 years. I deleted my account last year and am no longer on social media. I don't see the need for it. I also don't own a smart phone or an iphone.