Respected Contributor

Does anybody here use Pixi? Opinions?

I love Charlotte Tilbury but it is pricey. I googled a dupe for her Magic Cream, and people gravitated towards a Pixi product ( the name escapes me now, but I think the word "glotion" is in the name.

I ended up on the Pixi web-site and ended up ordering quite a few things. It is not as inexpensive as Wet n' Wild, but the prices are not bad. I have spent a lot on expensive products that people raved about, but did nothing for me. Everything is a gamble!

I would like to hear opinions of any Pixi products.....

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anybody here use Pixi? Opinions?

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I love Charlotte Tilbury but it is pricey. I googled a dupe for her Magic Cream, and people gravitated towards a Pixi product ( the name escapes me now, but I think the word "glotion" is in the name.

I ended up on the Pixi web-site and ended up ordering quite a few things. It is not as inexpensive as Wet n' Wild, but the prices are not bad. I have spent a lot on expensive products that people raved about, but did nothing for me. Everything is a gamble!

I would like to hear opinions of any Pixi products.....

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2  Target also sells their products in their stores and online.  I haven't tried any yet, but I was looking at them on Target's website.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

I have the It's Judy Time 12 pan eyeshadow palette and they are pigmented and blend well. I have not tried anything else, but I would like to try some of the facial mists. 

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2, you may want to check out MusingsofaMuse. She reviews many Pixie products. She gives many of them good reviews. I have only tried their eyeliners. They are nice but they need sharpening after one use. I prefer swivel up liners so that I don't need to sharpen.

Honored Contributor

I've bought them via their site and at Target. I've found that their site has poor CS so I avoid ordering from it now. Target is hit or miss as not all Targets carry the line and not all Targets that do carry all the products.

The glosses are great but VERY pricey for the TINY amount that comes in them. This is a pricey line hiding in Target, btw. If you add up how much product you get and how much they cost and then compare it to department store items, you'll see. The glosses of theirs (the ones I have) work out to be the same cost as CHANEL. 

I've never had great luck with any of the eyeshadows or foundations (way too dark or too yellow). Lip products are good. Skincare is more interesting to me but again, do the math....it's on par with department store cost. The Double Cleanse is great; the Glo Tonic is great but leaves a color deposit behind (VERY subtle but on very pale skin, it shows). Part of the "glo" is not just the exfoliation but leaving behind a "glow as if you've had some fresh sunshine". The skincare products tend to be OOS constantly so when you see it, buy it.

I have no idea what cream Pixi makes that is similiar to CT; none of their creams are rich enough for me whereas the CT Magic Cream is VERY hydrating (but has that pesky sunscreen in it).

Respected Contributor

Hi @SahmIam! The dupe is "Glotion Day Dew"...I was contemplating all the points you brought up.

I still have a nice supply of Magic Cream, and I don't use anywhere near the amount Charlotte applies, but it makes a difference.

Thanks everybody!

PS: I hate pencils you have to sharpen as well-especially if they are soft. I have tried putting them in the freezer as well, but I won't even use CT pencils because of that issue.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

I want to try the Vitamin Wakeup Mist. It's sold out on their website. I signed up for email notification when it comes back in stock. Gonna check some other places. I love facial mists.