Super Contributor

Re: Does Your Hair Look Like The Wen Models' Hair?

my daughter switched back to L'Oreal, sulfate free, $7 each for shampoo and conditioner and her hair looks 100% better. As soon as I get through my supply ofmWen, I'm going back.
Respected Contributor

My hair does shine more, the texture has improved, there is no frizziness and it looks so much better sinced I started using Wen exclusively...for the rest of that day. The next morning, however, it looks bad, is unruly and feels dirty. I can't get it to look good again until I wash it. I follow all the instructions, use a generous amount of the CC and water, rinse well and use a small amt of CC to leave in. Usually just scrunch and air dry. Looks and feels great for the rest of the day. Experimenting with different formulas but like best to use TeaTree, Lavender, Pom or Bamboo GT so far. I have fine curly hair that tends to be dry. How long did it take for you to look like a Wen model? :-)

Just wondering if you washed your hair everyday before Wen. If not maybe you need to use another Wen formula. Agree with the others that I would never expect my hair to look like the Wen models. Even before Wen I could never style my hair like my hairdresser does. It looks a lot better than before Wen but I don't expect it to look like anyone that has it professionally styled.

Valued Contributor

No my hair doesn't look anything like theirs. My hair is just now about to touch my shoulders, it's so short and thin. I hate it. However my hair does look 100 % better about 2 hours after I use Wen, but by 10 at night my hair looks awful all over again. My hair only looks good for about 10 hours then it's greasy looking again. One eyebrow is actually looking thicker but the other one is barely there. Part of me just wants to quit and give up,,,,I'm not sure what to do so last night i decided to place an order for the TT oil because I've read here that it should help with my thinning hair. Please pray that it does.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/5/2014 donovan said:

Even the Wen models' hair doesn't look like that when Chaz isn't there to style it for them.

On a recent show the models styled their own and they looked just as good as when TeamWen styles them.
Super Contributor

I agree that it's unrealistic to expect the same results as the models have with professional stylists. However, I can attest to the fact that my hair is a thousand times better since using WEN - which is really the only comparison I make or testimony I need.

Respected Contributor

Bunnypink, I think you are right. Styling and blow drying takes a LONG time to really master. I mean anyone can blow dry but to achieve results like the models you have to be very adept at it. In the colder months here, when it's not real humid I can get results like the models, however, I don't like curly hair. I like mine straight with a small bend at the ends and I can get that with Wen. I've been practicing blow drying for years and I'm still learning because I don't have a teacher with me. I guess that proves out what the other posters said...I don't have Chaz to blow dry my hair every time.

Respected Contributor

Susan25, are you cleansing and rinsing and repeating? I found that step to be important. Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

On 8/5/2014 bunnypink said: I've come to the conclusion that the way someone's hair looks (good or bad) is how it is styled (or not styled). The products used mean very little compared to the stylist who styles the hair. I really believe that the Wen models could use Suave or cheap hair products and their hair would look fab styled by the Wen professionals. They always show the before pics air dried vs styled so of course they will look horrible compared to professional styling :/
I don't use Wen, but I totally agree that styling is THE key to a great look.
Super Contributor

On 8/5/2014 A Friend said: My hair does shine more, the texture has improved, there is no frizziness and it looks so much better sinced I started using Wen exclusively...for the rest of that day. The next morning, however, it looks bad, is unruly and feels dirty. I can't get it to look good again until I wash it. I follow all the instructions, use a generous amount of the CC and water, rinse well and use a small amt of CC to leave in. Usually just scrunch and air dry. Looks and feels great for the rest of the day. Experimenting with different formulas but like best to use TeaTree, Lavender, Pom or Bamboo GT so far. I have fine curly hair that tends to be dry. How long did it take for you to look like a Wen model? :-)

How long have you been using WEN? It sounds like your scalp is oily and your hair dry. It does take some time for WEN to normalize your scalp - calming the oil production down - and also to repair your hair. Your hair, especially your ends, can't be totally repaired, but it can be hydrated and the cuticle smoothed out so it looks and behaves better.

I started using WEN because I had a very oily scalp and dry hair. It took 2-3 months for my scalp to normalize, it didn't happen overnight. But, I went from having to cleanse daily to cleansing 2-3 times a week. Everyone's hair is different, but I think everyone who started with oily hair probably had a similar experience.

The formulas you are using are good, especially Tea Tree. The Lavender and Bamboo GT might be a little drying. You might go easy on them for a while. Also, if possible, get some WEN Tea Tree treatment oil and 2-3 times a week massage 4 droppers of the oil on your scalp and leave on overnight. it will speed up the process of normalizing your scalp.