Respected Contributor

Does Ulta Every Have Better Discounts Than $3.50 Off $10.00?

I have never seen anything better for a discount. Does anyone know if they have better discounts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Ulta Every Have Better Discounts Than $3.50 Off $10.00?

sometimes they do 20 percent off of a single item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On occasion I've seen a percentage off on the entire order/purchase (sometimes exceptions apply).
If you join their club (think it might be called VIP), your purchases will help you to accumulate points over time that can be converted to $$ off a purchase.

Contributor

Two or three times a year, I get a 20% off entire purchase coupon, with the exception of fragrance (one or two coupons?). I try to put off my purchases from Ulta until then.

The $3.50 off $10 don't really do me much good since you can't use them to purchase prestige company makeup/fragrance products.

HTH.

Trusted Contributor

They have 20% off your entire purchase sometimes. I have joined the club and now instead of free merchandise I get money off my next purchase.

Beauties, LOOK NOW at their site! They have 21 days of beauty starting today with new FANTASTIC one day deals each day, free bonuses and samples and free shipping over $50. My credit card is ALREADY smoking from today's purchase! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Trusted Contributor

In the past few years they have had a $5 off $10 purchase coupon which is great! But these are few and far between, like maybe once or twice a year.

Contributor

If there is something I really want what I do is wait for a buy one get one 50% off or even a buy one get one free then use then $3.50 coupon and it really does make a difference to do it that way. Sometimes there are 20% off ones but not very often sadly

Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies!

Occasional Contributor

Absolutely yes! I prefer Ulta over Sephora because Ulta's reward's program is so much better. Sephora's coupons pale in comparison. Ulta's points are worth actual dollars off whereas Sephora only lets you redeem points for deluxe samples. Plus Ulta has a salon so they're able to sell salon-only hair products and you earn points when you use the salon as well.

The program is called ULTAmate rewards. Check out their website for more information. $1 spent = 1 point, however, points add up fast because you'll receive multiple chances to earn double, triple, and even five times points. Currently I have 4,700 points, which is worth $273.50. (yes $273.50 ... not a typo!) I can redeem those points for ANYTHING in the store. Last time I cashed in my points I got a Clarisonic Mia 2 for FREE! I use Ulta for everything beauty, shopping there first, even before buying from QVC. I also always check Ulta first anytime I need to buy a gift. Points are earned both online and in-store.

Esteemed Contributor

Approximately 3 or 4 times per year they have a 20% off the store with no exclusions of prestige cosmetics and haircare products (which are otherwise excluded from the coupon discounts in their flyers). When they have any sale -- be it the the $3.50; $10: or including prestige brand 20% off -- you don't have to be in their "club" in order to take advantage of the events. For those who don't buy cosmetics frequently, or shop around at too many different places to build up a great deal of loyalty points at one store, I think this what separates Ulta from their chief rival Sephora (which only offers "rare" special event pricing to those who participate in their Beauty Insider programs).

Speaking of Ulta they are having 21 Days of Beauty Steals this month. Today's item is the fabulous Stila eyeshadow palette "In the Know" for $20. In the Know is a palette of matte neutral tones including some soft browns, highlighter colors, a rust tone, a couple of deeper browns, a gray, and a black. It's one palette which I actually used all of the colors except the black. Women of color should jump all over this deal as the colors are outstanding on warm rich skintones.