Valued Contributor

Does The Q Carry Brown Mascara?

When I search "Brown Mascara" Bobbi Brown pops up, but all hers are black. Anyone know if QVC sells brown mascara and what brand(s) you can steer me towards? Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Does The Q Carry Brown Mascara?

I think it's the computer program interpreting the words "brown and mascara" as Bobbi Brown due to her name, not referencing the color. I don't know of any brown ones here though I think it would be great if they offered it.

Honored Contributor

I don't know, but I do know that brown mascara is getting harder to find.  I had switched to brown/black a few years ago and then several companies just stopped producing it.  I'm loyal to Maybelline's Full 'N Soft, but I've had to go back to black.

I just Googled "who makes dark brown mascara?" and I was surprised to see how much information appeared.  Brown mascara still exists.

If QVC doesn't offer it, there are still lots of options out there.  (Have you contacted Customer Service?)

I just Googled "who makes medium brown mascara?" and a product from blinc appears.  But it doesn't look like QVC sells blinc.

Are you open to drugstore mascara?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

MAC cosmetics online
also sold at major dept stores

HAUTE & NAUGHTY BROWN
Deep Brown
9 g
$23.00

Respected Contributor

@grammarqueen  If you can't find a brown mascara offered through QVC, you might be interested in trying Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer.  The color is "mink brown."  Although it's technically a primer used prior to mascara, I sometimes wear it on its own because I like the natural look it gives.  It's also great for separating and lengthening your lashes.  I love it.  You can find Benefit products at Sephora, Ulta, Macy's.  HSN also sells Benefit.  Sephora currently has a travel size tube for $12, if you'd like to try it.  (regular size tube is $24).  HSN has the full size tube, but not the travel size.  HTH 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

Brown mascara is hard to find. 

Years ago I used a Clinique formula (dark green 'sparkly' tube, can't remember the formula) that came in brown.  I loved it, but I had moved on when I found on Clinique was not cruelty-free.

Based on recent interweb browsing, I know for sure Burberry Cat Lashes mascara comes in Chestnut Brown. I think Dior might have a brown mascara, too. But those are expensive and likely not cruelty-free.

I had hoped for years that Tarte (before they were bought out) would roll out a brown mascara but that never happened.

Respected Contributor

@grammarqueen  I just noticed Edward Bess mascara on QVC is offered in "Deep Brown."  It's item number A340633 .  I've never used it, and there doesn't appear to be any posted reviews, but it seems to be the only brown mascara I could find on QVC's site.  QVC also has a bareMinerals mascara that's offered in "Espresso," but it's currently showing as "sold out."  The item number is A72258 , if you want to keep an eye on it.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@grammarqueen  If you can't find a brown mascara offered through QVC, you might be interested in trying Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer.  The color is "mink brown."  Although it's technically a primer used prior to mascara, I sometimes wear it on its own because I like the natural look it gives.  It's also great for separating and lengthening your lashes.  I love it.  You can find Benefit products at Sephora, Ulta, Macy's.  HSN also sells Benefit.  Sephora currently has a travel size tube for $12, if you'd like to try it.  (regular size tube is $24).  HSN has the full size tube, but not the travel size.  HTH 

I use that Benefit brown primer as a mascara, too.  I also have Benefit's brown mascara but it's a reddish brown.

Regular Contributor

@grammarqueen  bareMinerals Flawless Definition mascara in Espresso, but it is showing as Sold Out right now. 

http://www.qvc.com/bareMinerals-Flawless-Definition-Mascara.product.A72258.html?sc=A72258-Targeted&c...

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Valued Contributor

I went to Beautypedia to see what their best rated mascaras were, and I came across The Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara by Maybelline, so I checked it out at my local drugstore. Low and behold they had it in Glam Brown! I really like it a lot, and it deserves the 5 star rating. Thanks for your suggestions.