Super Contributor

Re: Does Laura Geller's Balance 'n Brighten look powdery?

On 9/26/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I'm scared of that, too, Maren! I'm hesitant about powder and mineral foundations because I'm afraid they will settle into my fine lines and look "filmy" in general.

I did like the IT Celebration Foundation, but had to return it because even the lightest shade was too dark for me.

If you're worried about "fine lines", you should get a load of what some products do to DEEP WRINKLES! :-)

Contributor

I don't think it looks like a powder on. I like it. You can re-apply during the day and it's still not powdery. It gives a nice finish on the skin. It's not like a loose powder, it does not fly off the brush (if that makes sense). {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

I got the Laura Geller Balance & Brighten in the summer kit with the straw bag. I am 54 years old and cannot wear Bare Minerals but I love the Balance & Brighten. It is crazy but it really does go on the skin like a creme foundation. Because I was darker in summer I ordered this in lighter shade and cant wait to get it. I am bad to apply my make-up in my car so this is awesome and not messy for that!

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 9/26/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I'm scared of that, too, Maren! I'm hesitant about powder and mineral foundations because I'm afraid they will settle into my fine lines and look "filmy" in general.

I did like the IT Celebration Foundation, but had to return it because even the lightest shade was too dark for me.

If you're worried about "fine lines", you should get a load of what some products do to DEEP WRINKLES! :-)

LOL! Stop trying to scare me! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Contributor

And yes I do put on my Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer first, then use the Balance and Brighten. Just as some of you just stated above.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

As long as I am well moisturized I never find it to look powdery.Its a great fast face,so easy to apply.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

Thank you all! It seems as though it's at least worth a try! Now I'll just have to figure out the shade. :-)

Honored Contributor

I think Laura sells the best mineral make up. It is perfect for me in medium. I am about the coloring of the model Joy.
Contributor

Not at all. I have been using it ever since she started selling it in the original medium. I switched to the fair once she had more color selection but it is very forgiving. So easy and it never looks powdery.

Honored Contributor

It can, but doesn't have to. I find it depends on the time I take to prepare my skin. If I use Spackle and let it dry thoroughly, and then my concealer and let it dry thoroughly, and then apply a newer compact of B&B with a deft hand and using the brush it can look quite flawless. When I get sloppy, yes, depending on a number of factors, it can look a tad powdery. Still, this is usually my go-to foundation, though lately I've been using others I'm liking a lot.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...