Honored Contributor

Re: Does Josie even use this stuff???

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I agree, it is horrible. One of the wost cleasing oils out there. It is thick like honey and spreads just as easily. It also leaves an odd taste in my mouth even though I don't wash my face with my mouth open. It is the only cleanser I've ever used that leaves a taste in my mouth!!??

Oh my gosh, YES! I had totally forgotten about that awful taste! How weird and terrible is that? I'd clamp my lips shut and STILL... yuck!

LOL, me too- clamped my lips and still that taste. soooo strange! Glad to know it wasn't just me because I don't ever read anyone else complaining about that and thought I was crazy(ok well I still may be crazy but at least not about this, lol!).

Respected Contributor

I didn't even mention that bitter grapefruit taste in the mouth. I do believe the formula did change from the original , in the beginning argan oil was like the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. The real reason i started this topic , i thought Josie might think about updating this formula , it  could be half as thick and be more effective and take that grapefruit fragrance out > think how popular your unscented body butters are.

Honored Contributor

I love Argon oil but IMO JM's products are way overpriced for what you get, you can find equally good AO products on line or at the drugstore for much less.

Respected Contributor

This is a true testament to everyone being different.  I love her products and they are pretty much all I use.  I use the cleansing oil with the power and have never had an issue with it not going on and washing away, and no stickiness.

Glad it works for some.  I would hate for her stuff to go away.

Valued Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

This is a true testament to everyone being different.  I love her products and they are pretty much all I use.  I use the cleansing oil with the power and have never had an issue with it not going on and washing away, and no stickiness.

Glad it works for some.  I would hate for her stuff to go away.

I was wondering about her cleansing oil and overall the reviews online have been good. I'm also a big fan of Josie's products.

@SFGIANTSGIRLshe's having a sale on her website (20% off) if you're interested in stocking up on anything. Cat Happy  There is a 3 pc kit with her oil, powder & argan light (all full size) for $70 but the coupon code brings it to $56. I was going to grab it & give it a shot.

Super Contributor

I have a OTO of the face and body cleanser.  I got use to the face cleanser, but do not prefer it to other oil I've used.  Don't have the powder, but the body cleanser is a mystery to me.  There is just nothing to it when I try to use it - like trying to clean with just water.

Respected Contributor

If you wet your face (as the directions say) and put a little watter in your hand with the oil it's wonderful.  Feels a little warm and removes all the makeup, including eye, with no irritation.   As with any product, it works well for some and not for others. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brandiwine wrote:

If you wet your face (as the directions say) and put a little watter in your hand with the oil it's wonderful.  Feels a little warm and removes all the makeup, including eye, with no irritation.   As with any product, it works well for some and not for others. 

Actually here is what the direction say according to Josie's website (and how she stated to use it onair before):
"How I use it: Rub a few pumps between your palms and smooth over your dry face.  Wet your skin and massage the cleanser in. It emulsifies into a rich, creamy milk that rinses easily with lukewarm water. And you’re done."
Regardless, I've tried it both ways and it still didn't work and it does irritate my eyes if it gets in them. But like you said, not everything works for everyone

Honored Contributor

Josie is always applying her products on TV and I am sure she uses her own line for personal use -- maybe not everything but most of it.  You probably need to use more water like one of the other posters mentioned.  I don't use her cleanser.  I found one by Neutrogena that I love because it cleans my skin so well and I have tried a lot of different cleansers but happy I found this one.  I am giving Josie's Matchmaker foundation another try.  Josie does have great sales!

kindness is strength
Contributor

I'll stick with my philosophy purity mande simple. I'm oily and it gets ALL my make up off and doen't leave me feeling oily but soft and smooth.  IMHO