Super Contributor

Does IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Redness really work?

There have been some discussions recently about colored primers and concealers and what they're meant to do. For example, yellow under the eyes will counteract dark circles (purple) and brighten the area up. Think Mally. Lavendar will counteract sallowness, i.e. yellow in the complexion. Purple and yellow are opposites on the color wheel.

Following the principles of the color wheel, green is used to counteract red. I've been researching products online and when I look at green primers/concealers, the description says to cover redness. Clinique, Smashbox, MAKE UP FOREVER, Physicians Formula, Maybelline (I think, or another drugstore brand).

Soooo.............my question is does Jamie's Bye Bye Redness work? It's not green, or even close to it. I'm confused. If it works, how does it do that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Redness really work?

I have had the IT Bye Bye Redness since it was first offered. I cannot explain how it works, but it sure tones the redness down. The thing I have learned is less is more with this product. I pat Josie's milk on and then a few dots of the redness on all over my face, blend with the brush and my complexion is flawless. I am 59. I would not be without it.
Honored Contributor

I've been playing around with a couple of different things to cover a few little broken capillaries, the most recent being IT's Bye Bye Redness, and yes, it does work.

Valued Contributor

Works for me, and I love it. Just use very little and you will like it. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Works for me! I love all of IT cosmetics. You only need a tiny bit and then work it in with your finger or sponge.

Super Contributor

I love this product. It does a great job. I highly recommend it .
Super Contributor

Work for me! Definitely agree with using a little bit! A little goes a long way!

Super Contributor

I can't comment on whether or not this product works as I haven't tried it, but I can say that no green tinted anything has ever counteracted the redness I have from rosacea. I understand the whole color wheel theory, but green just makes me look ruddy with a greenish cast to my skin. Not pretty. For some reason yellows really cover my redness well.

Super Contributor

Well, I guess that settles that. It goes in my cart for the 25% FF sale on the site.

May I ask 1 more question? The Q sells it with a brush. Is it better applied with fingers or the brush?

Contributor

This is amazing stuff. I use it on my eyelids as well as other red areas.

I use the brush that comes with it. I find, for me, it blends the product more evenly. I wish she'd put this in a "to-go" tube like she did the BBUE and highlighter.