Super Contributor

Does Anyone Remember/Still Use Meow Cosmetics?

[ Edited ]

Meow Cosmetics, a small on line company making mineral make-up, started around 2004 or 2005. There were over 80 shades of mineral foundation in 3 difference formulas and 2 sizes all with matching concealer. Eye shadows, liners, blush colors and formulas were in the hundreds in dozens of collections.

I ordered many times over the years and thought it was mostly fabulous and affordable. I felt good supporting an indy company and no animal testing, of course.

Anyway, I just learned today that Meow is closing and all remaining stock is Sale priced while supplies last.  Evidently the owner became ill many years ago and died in 2018.  Her son tried to keep the company going and I don't think her passing was widely known, or at least I didn't know.

I hadn't ordered in a few years due to health reasons of my own.  But I was sad to learn a woman in business I "knew" and admired was gone so young; just 49 at the time of her death. 

So if you were a past or present customer and thought you might like to order again, I guess it is now or never or likely until the end of the month.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember/Still Use Meow Cosmetics?

@MrsSB I saw this sad news just the other day, and was sorry to hear it. I was one that started with Meow when they opened up...their foundation is the only mineral foundation that doesn't dry out my skin. I still have two jars that will last me forever, as it's not the only foundation I use. 

Super Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember/Still Use Meow Cosmetics?

@vermint Thanks for posting. 

I wore Meow foundation for years and then got away from loose mineral make-up in general due to the mess. 

I still have dozens of pots of shadow and blush and do use the blushes sometimes. I no longer wear eye make-up due to an ongoing serious medical issue resulting in vision impairment. Technically I guess I could dab on some eyeshadow but eyeliner and mascara is completely out so I figure why bother.  Eyeshadow looks rather ridiculous without lashes.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".