Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember Cornsilk?

On 1/29/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:
On 1/29/2015 NiteStar said:

Anyone remember creme rinse...........you mixed it with warm water and poured over your hair. The kind I used (can't remember the name) was a thick pink formula that you mixed with 1 or 2 cups of water.

That is so funny---I used this creme rinse too. I remember the nice scent of the pink liquid.

Good old Johnson's baby shampoo--mom used it on all of us.

Anyone use Abolene makeup remover? Pond's creme as well.

I use Abolene some nights now. Read Jacklyn Smith recommends it --as a beauty tip she isn't in a commercial for it. She's a real beauty. Abolene really gets the make-up off and leaves the face very soft. I rotate it with other cleansers.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 HonnyBrown said:
On 1/29/2015 okiebug said:

Honny, I remember Cornsilk - used it for years. To take down the shine, have you tried Mally's Poreless Face Defender? It's Item #A199513. It's totally clear and I think it's really good. A compact will last you for a very long time.

Thank you okie!!!!!!!

Yes, Cornsilk was to take down the blinding shine from my oily skin.

I will give Mally a try. I don't use foundations and powders, so I don't know what to look for. Thanks again for the recommendation!!!!!!

Mally's Poreless Face Defender is great. Does last a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Cornsilk was awesome. Surprisingly, although it only came in the one bisque-white looking color it worked on women of color without looking ashy. There are some present day modern technology powders which make claims of having translucency suitable for all skintones, but are not.

Respected Contributor

I used baby oil and iodine to sunbathe if I wasn't using Crisco and laying on aluminum foil with lemon in my hair. Sheesh.

Super Contributor

An Ear of Corn Gave Its Life So You Could Be Beautiful:

Two small things are asked of you in return.

One. That you understand the full meaning of this sacrifice. CornSilk is the make-up which contains formerly-living, organic materials from the earth.

The second thing we ask of you is, that you make sure an ear of corn didn't die in vain.

Cornsilk

Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/30/2015 shoekitty said:

For me in the early sixties it was Kookie Coats (from American Bandstand fad), light frosted lipstick (sometimes a white frost) white frosted nails, a streak of blond in the hair. We used Light N Brite, it was suppose to naturally lighten hair. Probably precurser to Sun in.

To set hair I used Dippity Doo, and rolled on Large rollers (sometimes orange juice cans). If I could afford it, I used Breck shampoo (remember the Breck girls), if not it was Prell or white Rain. The only fake tan was from Man Tan, and Tanfastic!! OMG, oompa loompa much!

I loved Intimate and Heaven Scent perfume. And of course the Avon fragrances like Topaz,

Shoekitty, when I was in the upper elementary school grades, some of us started a club that included wearing our kookie coats.

Do you or anyone else remember those hard-framed rectangular box-like purses? I don't recall what they were called, if they even were called anything. I can still picture them perfectly.

I have dozens of these in my vintage handbag collection. I just loved them! The came in rectangles, squares. Sometimes they had a little mirror glued under the lid. Also, we wore bucket purses with the Kookie Coats. Weren't the coats named after an American Bandstand regular? Mine was Black. It had 3/4 length sleeves, round no collar, it had 8 huge white buttons , by 2's down the front. It had white stitching along the outter edges. I have been trying to find a picture!!