Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Remember Cornsilk?

On 1/29/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I remember this but never used it.

Anyone remember Coty Airspun loose powder? My mom used this regularly.

I found it at WM and was feeling nostalgic and missing my mom so I bought it. As soon as I opened it, it brought back so many memories as it has a distinctive smell. I actually did use it but it's not something I'd buy again.

Powders have certainly come a long way. LOL

Yes! My mother also used this my entire life and I definitely can relate to your post. I know that distinctive smell. It is also at my Walmart (normally almost hidden on a bottom shelf and frankly, I'm surprised they still sell it), and every time I see it, it brings back memories of my mother. I lost her several years ago, but as I age and lose more and more of those I love and the rest of the world is changing around me, I seem to get more nostalgic about the past.

I'm tearing up just writing this, but thanks for letting me know that others have the same feelings as I about such small things.Smile

Honored Contributor

I don't remember where I saw it, but when my sister was going through Corn Silk powder withdrawl, we did all sorts of searches for the stuff .........

And one desperate woman came up with her own "recipe" for making her own ..... it consisted mainly of white cornstarch baby powder and COCOA POWDER ..... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Can you imagine how GREAT you'd smell all day long? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Honny, I remember Cornsilk - used it for years. To take down the shine, have you tried Mally's Poreless Face Defender? It's Item #A199513. It's totally clear and I think it's really good. A compact will last you for a very long time.

Super Contributor

Loved, loved Cornsilk!

I'm a boomer, and your post brought me nostalgically back to the past. How about Oh! de London products and White Rain shampoo? Yardley Pot 'o Gloss and Ten -0-Six? Went to parties in high school with hair smelling like Herbal Essence and who doesn't remember the Coppertone scent at the beach!

I realize that some of the above is still available. C'mon, everyone. Tell me some of yours!

Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Amazinggrace2 said:

Loved, loved Cornsilk!

I'm a boomer, and your post brought me nostalgically back to the past. How about Oh! de London products and White Rain shampoo? Yardley Pot 'o Gloss and Ten -0-Six? Went to parties in high school with hair smelling like Herbal Essence and who doesn't remember the Coppertone scent at the beach!

I realize that some of the above is still available. C'mon, everyone. Tell me some of yours!

Wow I used all of these products -- I'm trying to remember the name of the white lipstick that came in the blue and black tube.

Trusted Contributor

Loved, loved Cornsilk!

I have a bottle of Ten-O-Six that I don't use, but purchased it just so I could smell it from time to time when I wanted to be transported back to high school.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/29/2015 okiebug said:

Honny, I remember Cornsilk - used it for years. To take down the shine, have you tried Mally's Poreless Face Defender? It's Item #A199513. It's totally clear and I think it's really good. A compact will last you for a very long time.

Thank you okie!!!!!!!

Yes, Cornsilk was to take down the blinding shine from my oily skin.

I will give Mally a try. I don't use foundations and powders, so I don't know what to look for. Thanks again for the recommendation!!!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Everyone, since we are bringing up products from our teen years (and having so much fun doing it), does anyone remember Wet & Wild nail polishes? Having a different manicure every other day.

My favorites were every nail a different color. That's about as girly as I got.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I loved Cornsilk in high school and bought it at Woolworths. They also had the pancake foundation in a white tube that was so thick and would cover anything plus the light pink lipstick that looked white when you wore it.

Super Contributor

On 1/29/2015 NiteStar said:

Loved, loved Cornsilk!

I have a bottle of Ten-O-Six that I don't use, but purchased it just so I could smell it from time to time when I wanted to be transported back to high school.

OMG I thought I was the only one who did this! lol

How about Prince Matchabelli 'Windsong?' Emaraude?

Juggo, tyring to remember that white lipstick---I used it too!

Ok, folks, it's ridiculous how excited I am getting as we go down memory lane.