Regular Contributor

Does Anyone Miss Holly Mordini and SMASHBOX?

I used to practically salivate when I head the Smashbox "music" playing at the beginning of each show!  I loved Holly and her makeup tips - even if I didn't buy anything (which was rare, believe me!), I never missed a Smashbox presentation.  The kits were to die for - I remember one I had on auto-delivery that included about 20 mini lip glosses in EACH!  Believe it or not, I still have a few of those glosses lying around - they have not dried up. 

Since Holly left the Q, my interest in Smashbox really waned.  I rarely buy any Smashbox products anymore.  I know Holly started her own makeup line, but I never bought any of those products. Has anyone purchased "Holly makeup?", and what did you think?

Still miss the Holly/Smashbox days, and don't get me started on how much I also miss Lisa Robertson as a host!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Miss Holly Mordini and SMASHBOX?

Yes, I also enjoyed her presentations.  My DD worked in San Francisco after the Holly era and she said Smashbox was a big deal out there, outdoor ads all over the place.  I haven't been into an Ulta lately, I used to buy a few things there.  I think I will go hunt them up out of the retired stash today.  

Esteemed Contributor

No 

Thought Holly was stunning and an especially lovely vendor but the make-up was awful.

Respected Contributor

"Salivate"? NO! I enjoyed watching, but don't like the makeup. My wish would be for bareMinerals to come back.

Valued Contributor

YES and I loved her makeup!

Respected Contributor

I remember she started her own line after SB but didn't last long.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel bad, but I don't remember her. I became a fan of the Smashbox Photo Finish primer after ordering some years ago from The Q.😊 The last time I purchased some from Sephora (or maybe it was Ulta), the consistency had changed, so I never reordered. It was the absolute best! 

Lisa R. was one of my favorites as well, and by most accounts, moved on to better things for herself. She was a beautiful, class act, and I miss her too😊.

@joviolin  I see that you are new to the forums, so allow me to extend a big WELCOME!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I sure do! She had a lovely, soothing, classy demeanor. I loved Smashbox, and kicked myself for not getting auto-delivery, tried after getting the first shipments, couldn't be changed back then. The whole kits were about 36.00 and included a whole face of makeup and every shade was gorgeous, high quality, and useable. Things change and often not for the better.

Respected Contributor

Yes I remember her.  Sephora at my local Mall carries Smashbox cosmetics.  

Honored Contributor

She was a good salesman. She went on to another line and then disappeared.