Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Do Their Own Manicure?

Now, it's a clip & a file, that's it.

But in the past I've done both, on my own or professionally,

I used to work near a 1-woman salon that didn't get in a hurry & try to do everyone in town, sacrificing cleaning.   She took her time with the manicure/pedicure & cleaned meticulously between clients, and this was long before Covid.

She is no longer in business.  Is there a lesson here, I don't know,

Trusted Contributor

I've done both my manicure and pedicure for decades now.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Super Contributor

I'm almost 72 and have never had someone else do my nails! The fungus risk is too high for 1 thing and the expense for another. Imagin the money I have saved. Not too many years ago the only person to get their toes done were by a foot doctor because they couldn't reach their feet.

Respected Contributor

In my 20's and 30's I used to get my nails done weekly.  Had acrylics back then.  I eventually took them off and haven't done anything to my nails in almost 20 years except for an occassional nail hardener.  I recently purchased the perfect formula nail kit from QVC in December.  The one with the pink and white gel coat in it.  I don't do the greatest job but it sure looks better than nothing at all.  The gel colors are really pretty but manicure doesn't last long.  Chips easily.  But, it's still better than paying all that money to have someone else do it.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the patience or the talent.  But I also haven't been out since March 2020.  So I just trim them and nothing else.

Valued Contributor

I only had a professional manicure done twice in the 1980s because I wanted acrylic nails. I quickly realized how bad it was for your nails so I never did it again. I've been doing my own mani/pedi since then. I go back and forth between regular polish and gel polish. I also like nail art when I'm in the mood. I do my fingernails weekly and my toenails every 3 weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do my own nails & use Perfect Formula Nail Treatment as my polish .... my nails look great 😉

Honored Contributor

Never had either,   that would be a luxury  ,i can not afford.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I've never gone out for a manicure in my life! When I want some pretty nails, I do my own with my favorite Sally Hansen's polish. Works for me!

Valued Contributor

I've been doing my own nails and coloring my hair forever. I use Stickey base coat, OPI polish and Sally Hansen top coat in the red bottle.  My nails grow extremely fast so I file them down and polish them every other Sunday.  Polished them during the Chiefs game today!!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!