Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

This thread should come with a warning before searching the individual-caution, you may be disturbed by what you see.

I would never take advice from a doctor or any other who was incapable or unwilling of making healthy choices for him or herself.

Especially, as a physician.  There are many other doctors on YouTube not suffering from mental/physical diseases who are far better examples.

This isn’t about judgement or acceptance of overweight v anorexia, it’s about common sense.

@silentgirl,  this tells me exactly how much you know or understand about eating disorders.

And oh, btw, you have no clue as to what your physicians may do or not do or what mental/physical diseases they  may or may not have. Most are not not visible.

I don't watch this woman's videos simply because I'm not into that kind of thing. But I hope that I would have the "common sense" not to judge her abilities or knowledge simply by her appearance.

@And your reply to @ silentgirl tells me what kind of person you are. 

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Texasmouse, I get the feeling that many here have absolutely no understanding of eating disorders and seem to be hostile to those who are potential sufferers, almost as if they blame them.

Not being hostile, just saying we cannot watch her videos. Not the same thing.

Honored Contributor

This thread makes me wonder if people who are suffering from anorexia recognize it in someone else. For instance - if you are anorexic , when you look in the mirror at the skin & bones thinness you don't recognize that it is too thin so I wonder if they recognize it in others when they see it?

Respected Contributor

@151949

I have often wondered that myself. 

Boy, has this thread ever gone OT! 🤣

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@151949

I have often wondered that myself. 

Boy, has this thread ever gone OT! 🤣

@Texasmouse, 151949 was essentially suggesting that anyone who posts as I have on this thread might be anorexic.

Since I don't seem to be able to articulate my point of view here, it's time for me to let it go.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I know this may not be fair but it is hard to listen to someone when they are not a good example.  I don't want diet and exercise advise from someone who is so overweight.  I worked with a lady who was vegan and all natural ingredients and believed stones had healing powers etc.  If she had been a glowing and healthy looking person I might have listened but she was painfully thin, gray skin, and totally exhausted looking. 

I'm daring to say i bet a lot of the people commenting on Dr. Dray;s apperance are themselves overweight or out of shape.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3

You may be right but I didn't interpret it that way. (Maybe it just went over my head.) In any case, as I said, this thread has gone OT in a BIG way so the point of the original post has been lost. Too bad, because the OP was just trying to share a good thing she'd found. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Do yourself a favor!!

[ Edited ]

Watched Dr. Dray on and off for a few years but really started following her advice about a few months ago. My skin looks so much better. I began with Differin to get rid of some underlying acne and now transitioning to Retin-A. Cut out a lot of my products. Now just wear a well formulated sunscreen, a cheap moisturizer, cut out AHAs & Vit C, use Rosehip oil & antioxidant serum instead. Skin looks 5 years younger. Her advice works plain and simple.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@suzyQ3

You may be right but I didn't interpret it that way. (Maybe it just went over my head.) In any case, as I said, this thread has gone OT in a BIG way so the point of the original post has been lost. Too bad, because the OP was just trying to share a good thing she'd found. 

@Texasmouse, being familiar with her posts, I have no doubt about my interpretation.

"This thread makes me wonder if people who are suffering from anorexia recognize it in someone else. For instance - if you are anorexic , when you look in the mirror at the skin & bones thinness you don't recognize that it is too thin so I wonder if they recognize it in others when they see it?"

And of course, it's still totally irrelevant to the doctor's work, but then, you and I and some others have beaten that poor horse to death here, haven't we?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

I know this may not be fair but it is hard to listen to someone when they are not a good example.  I don't want diet and exercise advise from someone who is so overweight.  I worked with a lady who was vegan and all natural ingredients and believed stones had healing powers etc.  If she had been a glowing and healthy looking person I might have listened but she was painfully thin, gray skin, and totally exhausted looking. 

I'm daring to say i bet a lot of the people commenting on Dr. Dray;s apperance are themselves overweight or out of shape.

I’m surprised it took so long for this comment to appear. I don’t have to be anorexic or overweight to see that this doesn’t look healthy nor does her skin look vibrant. This is on her Facebook page. Is this a before picture?

73B42A34-31B4-4C4D-ACA5-0AC62580268B.jpegI also don’t find over-nourished people look healthy. 

Of course, it doesn’t mean her medical advice isn’t sound but Nutrition and enough healthy fat is important for skin. 

I’m 5’4 and am 107 pounds. I could stand to gain five pounds myself.