Esteemed Contributor

@jobiz wrote:
She is a dr period!!

That means nothing............

Respected Contributor

You may not think she is a good example of what she preaches but I've been following her skin care advice and not only have I saved money, big time, but my skin has never looked better.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I do not see any need for any radical change in my skin care. I am satisfied with my skin. I will be 69 years old this week and I would say I do look my age. I've fought cancer twice to get to this age and I absolutely refuse to be ashamed to be the age I am. I don't understand why women are so obsessed with looking younger than they are.

Once you've gone through chemo you will never look as good as you did before you were sick. But you do come to appreciate that you are still alive, reasonably healthy & able to enjoy yourself.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Personally, I do not see any need for any radical change in my skin care. I am satisfied with my skin. I will be 69 years old this week and I would say I do look my age. I've fought cancer twice to get to this age and I absolutely refuse to be ashamed to be the age I am. I don't understand why women are so obsessed with looking younger than they are.

Once you've gone through chemo you will never look as good as you did before you were sick. But you do come to appreciate that you are still alive, reasonably healthy & able to enjoy yourself.

@151949

Happy (early) birthday! I totally agree with you but I have to say, it's not about looking younger for me as it is about taking the best care of my skin that I can and giving Mother Nature a run for her money. 😉 Glad you were able to beat cancer twice. You're quite a fighter! May you continue to enjoy good health in 2018 and beyond!

Valued Contributor

Re: Do yourself a favor!!

[ Edited ]

This thread should come with a warning before searching the individual-caution, you may be disturbed by what you see.

I would never take advice from a doctor or any other who was incapable or unwilling of making healthy choices for him or herself.

Especially, as a physician.  There are many other doctors on YouTube not suffering from mental/physical diseases who are far better examples.

This isn’t about judgement or acceptance of overweight v anorexia, it’s about common sense.

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl wrote:

This thread should come with a warning before searching the individual-caution, you may be disturbed by what you see.

I would never take advice from a doctor or any other who was incapable or unwilling of making healthy choices for him or herself.

Especially, as a physician.  There are many other doctors on YouTube not suffering from mental/physical diseases who are far better examples.

This isn’t about judgement or acceptance of overweight v anorexia, it’s about common sense.

@silentgirl,  this tells me exactly how much you know or understand about eating disorders.

And oh, btw, you have no clue as to what your physicians may do or not do or what mental/physical diseases they  may or may not have. Most are not not visible.

I don't watch this woman's videos simply because I'm not into that kind of thing. But I hope that I would have the "common sense" not to judge her abilities or knowledge simply by her appearance.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse, I get the feeling that many here have absolutely no understanding of eating disorders and seem to be hostile to those who are potential sufferers, almost as if they blame them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

@silentgirl,  this tells me exactly how much you know or understand about eating disorders.

And oh, btw, you have no clue as to what your physicians may do or not do or what mental/physical diseases they  may or may not have. Most are not not visible.

I don't watch this woman's videos simply because I'm not into that kind of thing. But I hope that I would have the "common sense" not to judge her abilities or knowledge simply by her appearance.

@silentgirl

This. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Do yourself a favor!!

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Texasmouse, I get the feeling that many here have absolutely no understanding of eating disorders and seem to be hostile to those who are potential sufferers, almost as if they blame them.

@suzyQ3

I must say, I agree, sadly.

ETA: Not only that but also, it seems as though one with such an affliction is not to be trusted or is incapable of giving  sound advice. 

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@silentgirl wrote:

I gave an opinion is all-

For one, anyone to tell another they do not know, or what might qualify their opinion, that they know nothing of something because of an opinion one does not agree with, which happens to be in opposition to theirs, is the essence of lacking understanding.

By the way, I absolutely do know what my doctors do, we just spent a rather enjoyable holiday evening with two of our doctors and their families. Close family friends.

YMMV

Happy New Year!