Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do yourself a favor!!

[ Edited ]

Guess what former QVC hostess is now coming out with a skin care product? So many other products, jewelry, christmas stuff, home decor, blouses, ponchos, etc. have been thrown at the wall, maybe this will be the one to stick. And perhaps this first product will lead to a whole line.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy the hype from anyone.  I  have been blessed with good heredity and refuse to spend on "products" no matter who is peddling it.  

Honored Contributor

It could be my computer but , on my computer, this woman's color is so severely pale she is actually grey. She is much too thin - yes I believe she does have an eating disorder. It certainly is possible to be a vegan and also have anorexia.It is also possible to be a doctor and have anorexia. I don't find anything about her to be at all attractive so why would I want to emulate her ? 

To those who like her - fine, but not for me.

Respected Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

I’ve watched her before but she looks rather ill. I know she has a lot of followers and am glad others find her helpful though. 

I agree, she looks ill. I watched a video of her with mom, & lasted about 30 seconds- yikes. She looks like she needs nutrition. 

I went to 2 derms in my life, & the appointments were useless....totally useless. When my face was breaking out constantly, I asked the derm if I could be allergic to certain foods I regularly ate. He said absolutely no. After that, I started my own research, & HE was absolutely wrong. I've learned so much, & I learned to figure it out for myself. 

Respected Contributor

@jobiz wrote:
She is a dr period!!

What's your point? Does that make her infallible? 

Hint....the answer is no. She isn't any type of god, & I would never take her advice. 

Respected Contributor

@Montana wrote:

On one video Dr. Dray said a few things I have personally found to be true:

1.  Fragrance is the number one irritant in skin care products.

2. Consumers can be allergic to any ingredient, so there is no product that can guarantee no breakouts (I am allergic to Shea butter, chamomile, and aloe, all cosidered to be soothing ingredients)

I am interested in her information, and plan to look at more videos.

But did we really need a dr. to tell us that? I thought it was common knowledge. We learn best by paying attention to our own bodies. 

I think this thread was started to get the person views on Y-tube....that's all. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It could be my computer but , on my computer, this woman's color is so severely pale she is actually grey. She is much too thin - yes I believe she does have an eating disorder. It certainly is possible to be a vegan and also have anorexia.It is also possible to be a doctor and have anorexia. I don't find anything about her to be at all attractive so why would I want to emulate her ? 

To those who like her - fine, but not for me.

@151949, who is suggesting emulating her? That means trying to be like her or look like her. Some are discussing her opinions and views on skincare. Now, if she started advocating vomiting after each meal or exercising 24/7, I could see your point

As a former nurse, I would have expected more empathy from you than this veiled disgust at someone who might suffer from an eating disorder. Surely you know that it is one of the most insidious disorders to treat, to say nothing of cure.

Oh, and yes, it is not only possible to be vegan and suffer from anorexia, it is common. Often anorexia exhibits itself by rigid adherence to what the person considers to be healthful eating. Same with exercise.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I think she is so informative and because of her I changed from using expensive products that do not work to inexpensive with Retin a and it has changed my skin. I look very young and no wrinkles for 58

Respected Contributor

I know this may not be fair but it is hard to listen to someone when they are not a good example.  I don't want diet and exercise advise from someone who is so overweight.  I worked with a lady who was vegan and all natural ingredients and believed stones had healing powers etc.  If she had been a glowing and healthy looking person I might have listened but she was painfully thin, gray skin, and totally exhausted looking. 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet  You are so right. And why would I use what she uses when she doesn't have pretty skin?? That's what I look at. Where's the glow? Her whole body looks the same as her face. Gray. Unhealthy. I would never use what she suggests, but hey, maybe she doesn't even use what she suggests. I don't know. I don't care. I would never follow her or her advice. Nothing against her, just not my type of guru. Not what I'm looking for.