Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@sidsmom

To be fair, one of the threads was resurrected from one I started in October so it's really only been one.

As far as Dr. Dray's appearance goes, if her advice were to be given over the radio and no one could see what she looks like, her physical appearance would not figure into her credibility concerning the information she provides or the advice she dispenses.  If you can separate her appearance from what comes out of her mouth, a lot of what she says appears to be based on her knowledge as a dermatologist and her desire to help people a) weed out what's not necessary for healthy skin and b) save you money by blowing through the hype that cosmetic companies put out on expensive products.  Her biggest passion is the use of sunscreen which I agree is the best preventative measure for anti-aging.

@Texasmouse, I said basically the same thing on another thread and was blasted by someone. If she is just painfully thin, then that is no different than someone being egregiously overweight. And if she is in fact suffering from an eating disorder, then that is no different than someone suffering from compulsive overeating.

If watching someone so thin or so heavy bothers a viewer, then, I guess they should not watch.

But all of this is separate and apart from her work.

@suzyQ3, precisely my point. 

Regular Contributor

I totally agree!!!!

Regular Contributor

I look forward to her vlogs. Also, she responds to your questions right away. She will also suggest to speak with my prescribing Dr when she feels it isn't appropriate to answer.  Very professional in all her responses.  

Respected Contributor

I save 100's by not buying sskin products period LOL

Honored Contributor

This  “Doctor” is anorexic...she needs a Doctor!  Look at her arms....

7C245503-0E17-4E2F-B9D9-E14F98A2CB88.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Do yourself a favor!!

[ Edited ]

@jobiz        I have not watched the video yet but I have to say that the women on this board and are every educated on skin care products.  I think we all know that anti aging products that claim to tighten/firm skin will do just that but it is only temporary.  It's hard to tell if oils will prevent future lines or wrinkles - actually how would we know?  So I say use what is best for you.   I may say I love Marula oil and I do but you hate it.  However, most women do like to try new moisturizers, treatments, etc. and sometimes go back to what they were originally using.  Happy New Year, Beauties.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I hate to say it but she looks like a lollipop girl.  Big head, skinny body.  She looks too thin IMO.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I hate to say it but she looks like a lollipop girl.  Big head, skinny body.  She looks too thin IMO.

People feel they should not say anything about it.....but when she drops dead of a heart attack during one of her marathon runs....they will have wished they said something to her.  There are many types of eating disorders....some masked as just eating “healthy”.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

People feel they should not say anything about it.....but when she drops dead of a heart attack during one of her marathon runs....they will have wished they said something to her.  There are many types of eating disorders....some masked as just eating “healthy”.

@SeaMaiden, if she has an eating disorder, she knows it, even if she won't admit it.

As to the post to which you replied, I would still ask, what if the eating disorder were that of an obese overeater. Would it be okay to describe that person in such terms?

If she is ill, we can't fix her. Better to just hope that she gets help. Again, this is separate and apart from her advice on skincare.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
It's odd to me that people seem to have to tie in this doctor's appearance with the content of her videos. It's as if having an eating disorder (if we can assume she has one) takes away her credibility with regard to the information and advice she gives on skin care. If your doctor smoked, would you discount his/her medical advice? The same goes for any professional in the healthcare industry. We shouldn't judge the service they provide by their lifestyle or their personal choices.