Honored Contributor

Do your own research before you buy beauty products

I happened to wander onto the reviews for the recent MAC TSV.  Many people were sending this back because of the fact they test on animals.  If this is important to you why wouldn't you know that before you ordered?  So now you can spend $10.00 to send it back.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Do your own research before you buy beauty products

@depglass 

Good morning ! Yes, I do research .  I have used only cruelty free for the past 9 nine years after adopting a rescue puppy . That is the first thing I check when looking at beauty brands I am interested in . I am not as ingredient savvy as other here , but I do not what does not work for my skin . I have oily, sensitve , acne prone skin . I know my skin can not tolerate coconut oil , essential oils and AHA's . I also try to buy fragrnace free skin care if possible . I tried to look up a brands cruelty free status and ingredient deck before I make a purchase . Even then I will always try to order samples or "Try Me ' kits if possible . Have a wonderful holiday ! 

Respected Contributor

I don’t get it either. If you Google “is MAC cruelty free?”, the answer pops up with an article explaining it.
Honored Contributor

Most of the time I research products for ingredients and reviews, but sometimes I've forgotten and and up regretting the purchase. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MAC is owned by EL. That says it all.

So even if MAC was CF, they are still owned by EL and I don't want to support a company who is clearly not CF as EL.

Respected Contributor

I don’t understand the negative reviews on this item. It’s all standard size MAC product sizing and the eye shadow palette was presented as toasty neutral browns.
Respected Contributor

I get lots of emails from CNET, CNN etc  giving me the best prices on various items on sale at various stores.  I always check the reviews prior to purchase....good price doesn't always equate to a good item. 

Honored Contributor

I only read some of the reviews and many of the ones I read were complaining about the tiny sizes of the products.  The people complaining about the colors of the shadows may not have seen a presentation and colors often do look very different on a monitor or phone than they do in person.

As far as animal testing, MAC's own website makes it seem as if they do not test on animals so it could be that some people went and looked there and were confused.  However, MAC is not leaping bunny certified.  But I did see one review where someone posted what was on MAC's website and she seems to think they are cruelty-free.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I always check ingredients and to see where it was mfg, and try to read existing reviews. 

Honored Contributor

I kind of do a little research---I go to ebay to see if I can buy just a sample size instead of spending so much on a full sized item----and I read what is said on this board too----