Respected Contributor

Do you wear primer under liquid foundation/IT CC?

I've worn powder foundation 95% of the time. I always use a primer under the powder. Now I'm exploring liquids, and most recently, the IT CC cream. Do you use a primer under liquid/cream foundations? I saw that IT has a serum primer, with pretty good reviews, but none of the reviews say whether the reviewer used it under powder or liquid. Since I'm relatively new to liquid/cream foundations, you're advice is greatly appreciated!
Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear primer under liquid foundation/IT CC?

I've always used a liquid foundation. I find that if I use a primer first, I need less foundation and it seems to go on smoother and last longer.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, always.
Honored Contributor

I use a primer no matter what kind of foundation I'm using, even if it's IT's CC Cream with the primer built in. It helps with adherence and the foundation stays on longer.

I've been using Missha M BB Boomer primer for awhile - applying alone after my moisturizer and before my foundation. It's a nice product that's rather inexpensive. The other day (day of the IT TSV with the illuminating CC Cream), I skipped the priming step and tried mixing a tiny bit of the BB Boomer with my Missha Signature BB Cream. It added just a touch of luminescence. I'm not one who likes anything that's too glowy, but this wasn't so bad. I have to do it at home a few more times and in different lighting, to see if it's something I want to continue and dare to wear out in public. Even if I don't continue mixing, I'd still continue using the BB Boomer as the primer step because I like it as a stand alone product.

Respected Contributor

I do not wear a primer. My foundation looks better without a lot of product under it, but everyone is different. I usually cleanse and apply moisturizer or sunscreen then foundation.

You could try with one side with a primer and one side without to see if there is a difference for you.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Iwantcoffee said:

I do not wear a primer. My foundation looks better without a lot of product under it, but everyone is different. I usually cleanse and apply moisturizer or sunscreen then foundation.

You could try with one side with a primer and one side without to see if there is a difference for you.

I did this also, did not notice much difference, if anything, the side without the primer looked better....never understood primer...tried many of them and none of them made my mu last longer or go on better...
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

Yes and I wear iT CC

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

On 3/29/2015 pommom said:

Yes and I wear iT CC

Which primer do you use?
Respected Contributor

I wore a primer for years, Holly from Smashbox convinced me I needed one, then Laura Geller did the same!

I found I did need one with BE mineral foundation or it simply didn't work correctly, looked horrible. When I outgrew BE with older skin and began using liquid foundations again, I used a primer for awhile and then tried it without, no difference at all.

I apply foundation within 30 minutes of my shower, first a serum and moisturizer, and it glides on beautifully and lasts all day. I use Estee Lauder Perfectionist serum foundation, doesn't settle in fine lines, looks perfect all day.

Using a primer is an individual choice, based on your skin type, your age, what foundation you use, even the weather, if it's hot and humid or very dry. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, just your own way and personal preference.

Super Contributor

Yes, love primer always