Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear makeup to the gym?

I can vouch for Tarte Full Coverage Air brush Powder Foundation. It does not sweat off at all. Get it from their website if you have to in order to get the perfect shade. They have more shades than QVC. But the Q does include the fantastic little brush that does the trick. I have nasty circles under my eyes and don't want to look sick so a light does over the face and a little extra under the eyes and I'm good to go. I highly recommend it.

Esteemed Contributor

Go to the gym??? I have no intention of ever going to a gym unless its to watch a basketball game. My exercise is walking my dogs and flapping my lips!!

Respected Contributor

I prefer to workout with no makeup since I sweat a good bit while doing my workout.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 colliegirls said:

Go to the gym??? I have no intention of ever going to a gym unless its to watch a basketball game. My exercise is walking my dogs and flapping my lips!!

This had me on the floor

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 RyBelle said:
On 9/20/2014 happy housewife said:
On 9/20/2014 Good4u said:

No one is going to care…you are better off going with a clean, make-up free face so your pores can breathe. Honestly, I think it is is unproductive to wear make-up to work out in, what is the point? I always go with a make-up free face and I have not scared anyone off from working out.

If I understand correctly, the OP has to wear makeup since she's going to work straight after, so she needs products that'll stay put.

But yeah, if you're going to just the gym and nowhere afterwards, product-free is the way to be.

I would not want to spend the day working next to someone who came to work from the gym without a shower.

I understand where you're coming from, but is this comment really necessary? I'm sure the OP values hygiene but has time constraints that demand she go straight from the gym to the office. It happens to the best of us.

I would go in to work early and the gym after work if I had to be home by a specific time. I work extremely hard during my workouts and am sweaty from head to toe. I simply can't imagine not taking at least a quick shower after a workout, and if you're going to shower, the make-up is a goner anyway.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 9/20/2014 happy housewife said:
On 9/20/2014 Good4u said:

No one is going to care…you are better off going with a clean, make-up free face so your pores can breathe. Honestly, I think it is is unproductive to wear make-up to work out in, what is the point? I always go with a make-up free face and I have not scared anyone off from working out.

If I understand correctly, the OP has to wear makeup since she's going to work straight after, so she needs products that'll stay put.

But yeah, if you're going to just the gym and nowhere afterwards, product-free is the way to be.

I would not want to spend the day working next to someone who came to work from the gym without a shower.

I understand where you're coming from, but is this comment really necessary? I'm sure the OP values hygiene but has time constraints that demand she go straight from the gym to the office. It happens to the best of us.

I would go in to work early and the gym after work if I had to be home by a specific time. I work extremely hard during my workouts and am sweaty from head to toe. I simply can't imagine not taking at least a quick shower after a workout, and if you're going to shower, the make-up is a goner anyway.

I also work out really hard and always shower afterwards (my boyfriend is a personal trainer so you can imagine the workouts he has me doing haha) - I personally can't really feel very pleasant myself if I don't take a shower, even when I haven't just gone to the gym.

I guess my main reason for trying to defend the OP is because HH's comment seemed rude - if the OP is posting on a beauty board, I'm pretty sure she values personal hygiene and wants other people to know she does too {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

Tons of make-up and so does every girl in the gym I go to.

Frequent Contributor

I go to the gym after work, so I always have makeup on when I go to the gym. The only thing that makes me feel weird though is that I get out of work at 5AM, so I am there with a fully made up face when others have just rolled out of bed. Not sure if others think I am ridiculous but I dont want to bother taking the makeup off before going to the gym then washing my face afterwards when I get home. Would rather just do it all once I get home.

Super Contributor

I no longer go to a gym, but when I did, I always wore a full-face makeup and I still wear it every day. I won't go to the mailbox without wearing makeup.

Honored Contributor

I sweat like crazy, so no makeup at the gym for me. I usually go after work and the first thing I do is wash my face and pat on a light moisturizer, then change and do my workout.