Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear makeup to the gym?

Yep, I don't go anywhere without my makeup. I usually skip the liner for the gym though.

Super Contributor

I sweat entirely too much to go straight from the gym to work without a shower, so I'm afraid I can't really give you any tips for your situation. (It's why I rarely go to the gym before work, lol!)

I will say that when I do go to the gym in the AM, I don't really notice anyone else looking "done". I just go bare-faced, then take a quick shower and do my routine (skincare, makeup) from there. Does your gym have shower facilities?

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 RyBelle said:
On 9/20/2014 happy housewife said:
On 9/20/2014 RyBelle said:
On 9/20/2014 Good4u said:

No one is going to care…you are better off going with a clean, make-up free face so your pores can breathe. Honestly, I think it is is unproductive to wear make-up to work out in, what is the point? I always go with a make-up free face and I have not scared anyone off from working out.

If I understand correctly, the OP has to wear makeup since she's going to work straight after, so she needs products that'll stay put.

But yeah, if you're going to just the gym and nowhere afterwards, product-free is the way to be.

I would not want to spend the day working next to someone who came to work from the gym without a shower.

I understand where you're coming from, but is this comment really necessary? I'm sure the OP values hygiene but has time constraints that demand she go straight from the gym to the office. It happens to the best of us.

If you can't find the time to shower after working out and before going to work perhaps you need to go to the gym at a different time - like after work. If you are planning to only do enough so that you don't get all sweaty there is no point in going in the first place.

Honored Contributor

Why would you wear makeup to the gym? I can't imagine that.

Honored Contributor

On 9/20/2014 ValuSkr said:

Why would you wear makeup to the gym? I can't imagine that.

I see women all the time at the gym wearing MU - though I don't understand that - and I also see them wearing MU in the pool! And they actually get mad if someone splashes them and messes up their MU in the pool.

Super Contributor

Yes, I do wear some makeup at the gym. If it's early morning I put some concealer under my eyes (bye bye under eye) and dust on some BE loose mineral foundation. It is perfect for getting sweaty & working out. It won't clog pores either or get runny. If you feel like you want some bronzer and/or blush the BE ones are great for working out too. I always add some mascara. I've been using mally lately but haven't had an issue with any brand. If I have somewhere to quick go after (and before I go home and shower) I may add a little eyeliner. I like Urban Decay 24/7 liners. HTH! Oh, and ignore all of the judgmental comments from rude people here...they always have to chime in...ugh...
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 bunnypink said: Yes, I do wear some makeup at the gym. If it's early morning I put some concealer under my eyes (bye bye under eye) and dust on some BE loose mineral foundation. It is perfect for getting sweaty & working out. It won't clog pores either or get runny. If you feel like you want some bronzer and/or blush the BE ones are great for working out too. I always add some mascara. I've been using mally lately but haven't had an issue with any brand. If I have somewhere to quick go after (and before I go home and shower) I may add a little eyeliner. I like Urban Decay 24/7 liners. HTH! Oh, and ignore all of the judgmental comments from rude people here...they always have to chime in...ugh...

I certainly didn't mean to sound judgmental, and if OP took it that way, then I apologize. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

No! I am there to work out-sweat.

Why not work out, then shower, shampoo and put on makeup once you've finished?

Honored Contributor

Gym? What's that?
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 Haole Wahine said: Gym? What's that?

I feel this post on a spiritual level, HW. It's like the gym is a foreign concept to me, I haven't been back in so long {#emotions_dlg.lol}