Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wear false lashes?

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  That would be great -- thanks!  I am tempted every time I read a positive experience here on the Q forums, but I've also read elsewhere about bad experiences (lashes breaking, etc) on more than a few occasions.   I've even had two hair stylists tell me not to do it (my own hair stylist, and another stylist in the salon).  Maybe it's just like any "treatment" -- possible "bad" results for some, while "good" results for many others.  Like you mentioned, your friend wouldn't continue to get them, if she felt they were damaging, but I'd be curious to hear any thoughts, if you do get the chance to ask her.  Thanks, again! 

You don't notice the damage until you stop getting the fills.  I have given them up and luckily with the use of Revitalsh for about 3 months, mine are basically back to normal but the extensions are damaging.  I now use the KISS trio lashes to fill in or for special ocassions for the vavavoom look.  They are easier than individuals and so much more natural looking that a strip lash.

@NJgirl 1205  That's one of the things I had heard about lash extensions.  Ugh.  They look so pretty, but as much as I'd like to try them, I think I'm too afraid to take a chance.  Thanks for the reply. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

Everyday?  Just on special occasions?

@Mellie32

Every day?    

Where could you work that this would be an acceptable look?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Mellie32

Every day?    

@Tinkrbl44

A couple of my younger co-workers wear false eyelashes on a regular basis at my workplace and it's not really frowned upon. I think it has become somewhat of a"fad" with the younger set.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  That would be great -- thanks!  I am tempted every time I read a positive experience here on the Q forums, but I've also read elsewhere about bad experiences (lashes breaking, etc) on more than a few occasions.   I've even had two hair stylists tell me not to do it (my own hair stylist, and another stylist in the salon).  Maybe it's just like any "treatment" -- possible "bad" results for some, while "good" results for many others.  Like you mentioned, your friend wouldn't continue to get them, if she felt they were damaging, but I'd be curious to hear any thoughts, if you do get the chance to ask her.  Thanks, again! 

You don't notice the damage until you stop getting the fills.  I have given them up and luckily with the use of Revitalsh for about 3 months, mine are basically back to normal but the extensions are damaging.  I now use the KISS trio lashes to fill in or for special ocassions for the vavavoom look.  They are easier than individuals and so much more natural looking that a strip lash.

@NJgirl 1205  That's one of the things I had heard about lash extensions.  Ugh.  They look so pretty, but as much as I'd like to try them, I think I'm too afraid to take a chance.  Thanks for the reply. 

Thank you too!  I've considered them so many times, but I do NOT want to damage my lashes. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The lash lift treatment that @Irshgrl31201  mentioned earlier looks really interesting. My lashes are so straight and never hold a curl. My only concern would be the ammonia , perm-like solution. I would hate for it to burn my lashes away!Woman Surprised 

Respected Contributor

Sorry that I'm a little late to this conversation. Back in the early 1970's I was having fun, dressing up with a platinum blond wig, false eyelashes, and outfits like hot pants and boots that were a fad at that time. Those were crazy times and it was just being playful with all the options available. That was then. Haven't done that since. Wish I had a photo to share.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Mellie32

Every day?    

@Tinkrbl44 Um... anywhere.  False lashes come in all shapes and sizes.  They don't all look mega-glam.  Some just look like normal lashes.

Honored Contributor

I guess (once again) I'm the odd ball but I prefer longer straight lashes to curled lashes.  My eyelash curler goes unused. 

Honored Contributor

I don't even wear makeup every day, much less false lashes. I wear glasses and my false lashes scrape up against the lenses when I blink. I do rarely use the smaller cluster lashes at the outer edges of my lashes.

Honored Contributor

No....never even tried to put them on.  I'm like some of you.  Thank goodness that's the one thing that I still have that's good.  Ha!  

I grew up in the 60's so eye makeup has always been important to me.  Now I line the inside rim (IT waterproof) and wear only (forever) Maybelline Waterproof mascara.