Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you wear false lashes?

Never.  For one reason, my eyes are too sensitive for most eye makeup.  Secondly, most of the women that I see with them clearly don't know how to apply them or what thickness to use.  Eye makeup is supposed to enhance your eyes not cover them up and make them look freaky.  I see women on TV or in person and my attention is drawn to the eyes but not in a good way - all you see are thick fake eyelashes that cover the eyes, especially at the outer edge,  rather than enhancing them.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

Never.......I'm allergic to glue (even surgical)

I'm afraid of the glue used for  the lash extensions.  My bff has extensions and they look great. She goes in every 2.5 weeks to get them redone, and they can add up price wise.  I'm fearful of getting them as I don't want my "real" lashes ruined, and I'm afraid of being allergic.

One of my friends in Utah had them, loved them and then developed a terrible allergic reaction to the glue and had to have them removed.

Has anyone had issues with the extensions causing lash damage?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Everything I've heard says that the extensions can't damage your lashes. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Everything I've heard says that the extensions can't damage your lashes. 

Thanks!  That's what I thought!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Valued Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Lisa Eldridge has two really good, simple to follow tutorials for applying either individual or strip lashes:

Individual: http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/1961/individual-fake-eyelashes/#.V4koSr0rJaQ

Strip:  http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/2009/full-strip-fake-lashes/#.V4koir0rJaQ

@gardensla- thank you the videos were so helpful. I am inspired to try the individual/ cluster lashes. 

Respected Contributor

I've never worn false lashes.  I'd probably glue my eye shut or something.   I have been blessed with long lashes anyway so I just use a good mascara and try not to get it on my glasses.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze

@HappyDaze wrote:

I used to but only on special occasions due to the time it takes to get just right and the fuss. Now that my lashes are longer and fuller, I no longer need to so I am happy about that because although I loved the look false lashes could give, I just didn't like all the fuss. I am all about streamlining my routine as much as possible!

How did you get your eyelashes longer and fuller?

Honored Contributor

I've seen women with them on and they look cheap!  Personally, although I don't have fantastic lashes, they're me!

Esteemed Contributor

My lashes are a pretty good length but I have worn false lashes on some occasions. I do not like the full strips as much as I like the individual ones, I think they are more natural looking. 

Right now I have been getting lash lifts. These are perfect for me. They keep your lashes curled so you don't have to do that at all and keeps the most perfect curl. Plus it gives a tint to my lashes. I don't even have to wear mascara if I don't want to, though I usually do if I am working or going out because it gives me a little more volume and more length but they look really good when I have no eye makeup on at all. 

I really really really love this. I can't see myself stopping and I like this so much more than lash extensions because I don't have to baby my lashes like I do with lash extensions. I don't pay to have this done either because I give the girl who does my lashes, free facials. Works out perfectly!

Here is a video of Lisa Eldridge getting the same procedure.

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/16137/lash-lift-treatment/#.V4m9xRUrKM8

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK