Respected Contributor

Re: Do you watch youtube beauty videos?

I like Wayne Goss' techniques and advice, but I want to see how the makeup applies on female skin.  I think it's odd that he shows it on himself.

Regular Contributor

Wayne Goss is my favorite as well.It doesn't bother me that he applies makeup on himself..placement is the same male or female...Most of his products are from the UK and I really don't want the hassle to order.Other beauty videos are good but I find one week its this product and its the greatest and I try it only to find that they have changed their mind and moved on to something else and pretty soon they have all this product to throw away and I do too. Well Ive learned my lesson and have gone back to some of my original products  that worked best for me....Sure have saved money fun to watch only.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Wayne Goss' videos but do not routinely watch them or subscribe to them, maybe a specific topic I will watch.

Lisa Eldridge's videos are nice but she is too fair and many of her product choices of Lancôme will not work with my coloring. I just watch maybe to see an item applied. 

So which beauty videos do you subscribe to, OP? Tell us beauty junkies more of your favorites besides Mr. Goss.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I love to watch Jaclyn Hall  I watch more for techniques.  She uses mostly MAC products but does use other products too. I notice she loves Maybelline eyeliner. She just worked with BECCA and came out with a palette with highlithers and blush. She is excellent and explains everything she is doing and what product is using and what color. The only fault I find for me is sometimes she uses too many colors on one area but that is can be fixed very easy.  She expains absolutely everything....every step which makes it easy to follow. When I have nothing to do I could watch her for hours, LOL!  You can see her on Sephora showing the BECCA palette as of now.  I think you might enjoy watching her!

Respected Contributor

I've just recently started watching them, mostly for product reviews. I was watching some earlier today and heard the term "baking" referring to a method of applying powder (?) Does anybody know what that means?

Esteemed Contributor

Baking is putting loose powder on areas like the under eye, chin, forehead. Use a generous amount. Leave it on for like 10 minutes. Then use a fluffy brush to wipe away excess. It is supposed to make makeup last longer and look flawless
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @ccassaday, that's interesting!

Respected Contributor

I like Lisa Eldridge. The quality and production value of her videos is great & professional.  Pixi woo is good, too. I love Stephanie Nicole. She works in the beauty industry, is fairly knowledgeable about ingredients, doesn't buy into the hype, and is thorough in her reviews. Love her. Makeup by Amy Michelle has a small subscriber number, but I like that she usually gets things early and gives decent reviews. The only thing I'm not crazy about with her is that she likes too many things. I prefer people to be more picky. Lol. Smiley Wink

My latest obsession is Kimberly Clark. She's a drag queen, and I LOVE her ant-haul videos. They are hilarious!  I also like Angie from Hot N Flashy and UppiesBeads59. Both are mature women, and give through reviews of items, both MU and skincare.

I don't like most of the big Yt'ers, because they are usually sell outs who just love the companies that send them product or pay them to review products. Sorry, I prefer more objectivity. And I am ready for "yassssssss" and "slay" and "gives me life" to go away. It's obnoxious. And the completely overdone highlight in every tutorial. You would look crazy if you wore all of that out in public. 

One I used to like but now just kind of bothers me is Makeup by Tiffany D. I feel like all she does is buy expensive clothes and purses, and most of her tutorials look the same. And her vlogs are her eating junk food and shopping. I can't handle it anymore. Anyway, hope that gave you a few new ideas! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jamie Greenberg

She does makeup for a lot of the actresses.

Cool to see them barefaced & then she does her magic.

Yes, most of the makeup tutorials are HEAVILY 'sponsored'.

My prerequisite is the Time.

If a video is over 5:00, I'm out.  And that's for anything I watch.

Too many YT'rs will hem haw & babble about nothing while

putting on eyeshadow, cooking, crafting in real time.

A 'leaf blows by' & they feel the need to comment & discuss on

every.little.thing. 

That's why I love the short, heavily edited videos.

Esteemed Contributor

I have thought the same about TiffanyD. I understands she videos things she likes but it is ridiculous. It's nothing to her to drop 400 on a pair of Dior sunglasses. I understand the purses because she views them as collector items and resells them when she is done with them. She is skinny so you know she doesn't eat like that 24/7. Her makeup looks are the same because that's how she wears her makeup. She isn't into different looks. But it is starting to come across as snobby and a show off with the expensive things she buys.