Respected Contributor

Re: Do you wash your face in the morning?

Wash and exfoliate morning and evening.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2014 Harpa said:
On 3/10/2014 magemay said:

I did!

My first thought was that I wished that I looked like that (with a full face of makeup) as soon as I opened my eyes in the AM, Secondly, I couldn't help but notice that they used "big tubs" of skin care in the 40's as well. Oh, and the only place where "foam" was used was in her bathtub.

I was interested in seeing what was next and where you were going with it. I have to agree with Just Bee, interesting, but how??

I'm also curious what just bee thought!

I wasn't going anywhere with it. I had no idea what it was all about. I saw the listing on TCM and was simply curious.

I'd love to know exactly what products she used, particularly in the Stimulating Cream. (Some essential oils, no doubt.)

It's just a whole different philosophy (no water). I was thinking (just thinking) of experimenting and trying it for a couple of months if I could find the right products. I just remember my Mom and aunts (that older generation) and they all seemed to have such perfect skin! All I know is that Ponds was the big player back in the day.

So many mysteries from the past... we will never really know the truth, will we?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Yes. I am acne prone. The cleanser I use has treatment in it. So I like using it twice a day.

Super Contributor

Hi elruth....The best thing we did was put in a water filtration system in our home. I workout early in the am. I don't use a cleanser in the morning but what I do is soak a cotton round with Mario Bedescu's Aloe Vera toner & cleanse my face that way, then mist with his facial spray that contains aloe, herbs & rosewater which take off any impurities that are airborne when sleeping & also its so very refreshing. Then take a shower & splash water on my face & use the same toner then skin care.

These are product that also work well for sensative skin. One of these day I will DIY.

Honored Contributor

Yes, then I put on my day products before makeup.

Contributor

Absolutely! You build up oils on your skin overnight just like you do during the day. I use Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating wash every morning! I use Philosophy's Purity at night b/c it's the best makeup remover and cleanser that I've ever used!

Honored Contributor

If I didn't wash my face in the morning I would never get my eyes to open.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

Yes of course! I have to take a shower and the whole routine each morning to feel clean as I'm going out the door and starting my day.

Even if I shower right before getting into bed I don't feel fresh when I get up the next morning.

I never understand those who come to work looking like they just got out of bed.....because they did!!! I just can't do it. Wish I could but I just can't. (I'm not saying those who don't wash their faces look like they just got out of bed.....I'm talking about those who actually do just get out of bed and go to work).

Maybe times have changed.