Super Contributor

Do you use cruelty free make up products / not harsh

I have been for the past five years exclusively using only beauty products that don't use harsh chemicals & are cruelty free in doing so I have found so many companies not only outsource their products but finding several items to use for various needs is challenging I would appreciate if you have suggestions and success with products from facial cleaners to hair products your input can start a helpful forum and conversation I have my gold standard and will post tomorrow TY have a blessed day
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use cruelty free make up products / not harsh

Take a look at Acure Organics website and read the ingredients of the products offered.  Another site to look at is iherb.com and they carry alot of natural and organic products without harmful chemicals.  I use Acure's Marula oil and Argan oil, shampoos, I have some of their body lotions too and their facial moisturizers are very nice.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Hi

Yes I went cruelty free 3yrs ago after adopting a puppy from a rescue shelter . I have sensitive acne prone skineven at 53 . I recently started using Devita skin care . Its wonderful it is cruelty free and vegan. It is alcohol and frangrance free non gmo and ,ade for sensitive skin. It is very reasonably priced. You can find them at their website , but they are also available at Whole food s , Vitacost and some local healthfood stores . Their sunscreen was one of the top ones on EWG. I also like Andalou naturals , they have a new line called 1000 Roses . Acure and Pacifica have great hair products too . Good luck in your search

Trusted Contributor

Acure's Almond line of haircare products are wonderful too.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try the 100percentpure dot com line.  I've been using it since Suzi was on the Q way way back when.  They are running a 15% - 20% - 25% off special now.  Free shipping.

The skin care line is top notch in my book.   LOVE LOVE LOVE the body butter; the coffee bean eye cream; the cake soap (hubby likes the mandarin orange).

They also do makeup; the mascara and eye/liners are wonderful. Lipsticks are all pretty much in the pink line; gloss is good, not sticky at all; the liquid makeup (on me) tends to oxidize--but the products themselves are great.  Nail polish is so-so....it chips easily on me---

As I said I love the skin care side of things, and the makeup side I pick and choose.  But my skin (and hubby's) break out and itch if we use the wrong thing (the bismuth in bare minerals drives me nuts!)-- so you might have an easier time of it.

It's really worth a try!

Regular Contributor

For makeup:

RMS Beauty

Ilia Beauty

Beautycounter (recently for a limited time in Target)

Perfekt Beauty

Boom by Cindy Joseph

Mineral Fusion

Kjaer Weis

For skin care:

Beautycounter (best cleansers ever!!!)

Mad Hippie

Kat Burki

Youth To The People

Herbivore

Drunk Elephant

Kari Gran

Tata Harper

Sunday Riley

Some of these brands are available at Sephora, but theres a website Credo Beauty that sells only "clean" products. Check it out. I am always checking for cruelty free brands that are being sold to large companies which are not cruelty free (It Cosmetics sold to L'oreal, and BECCA to Estee Lauder).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YES, cruelty Free

is the way to Be

for ME!

Just one of the reasons I love WEN, it's ALWAYS been cruelty free!  

Not tardy to the party!

A good look around the Peta site, or Leaping Bunny will tell you who is and who just claims to be.  Skim Milk sometimes masquerades as Cream.  

A company can be Vertically, but NOT Horizontally Cruelty Free.  

BIG Difference.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Hello, Fashionistasincebirth and welcome. Smiley Happy

I use Nick Chavez products and those are cruelty-free.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder