Respected Contributor

Re: Do you use a "setting spray" after applying your make-up?

I'm almost 63, normal/oily skin, some fine lines, and use mostly Laura Geller Makeup--both Balance & Brighten and Quench & Tint foundations. I also use her Spackle Primer.

I use WEN Replenishing Treatment Mist as both moisturizer and setting spray. In the summer, it's often my only daytime moisturizer---in the winter, I combine it with a dab of cream moisturizer. I never really liked the Mist for my hair, but I love it for my skin!

Regular Contributor

Avon has one that I've been using for some time now and it's $8.00!  I have used it during the summer time when we are boating-makeup stays on and when I wear a helmet when I ride my motorcycle-makeup stays on!  I've tried some of the other setting sprays mentioned here but I really cannot justify the cost of those when the Avon one works just as good, if not better.

Honored Contributor

I don't use primer or much makeup. When I do apply makeup I use Evian Mineral Water Facial Spray. It leaves my face looking moist instead of dry.

Image result for evian

Respected Contributor

I like UD Chill for my dry skin. Doesn't dry me out and does a nice job of setting my makeup.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago when I decided to pare down my makeup routine, the 2 products eliminated were primer and setting spray. 

Valued Contributor

I am 61 with combo skin and use a variety of liquid foundations and occasionally the original Tarte loose powder foundation.  I had been using UD All Nighter for several years but since the dry part of my face is getting drier, I don't like the alcohol content in the UD primer.  I've switched to Elf Matte Magic Mist and Set and I like it better than the UD.  Makes my makeup last and it's only $3 and contains no alcohol.

Respected Contributor

59, dry skin, liquid foundation.

I never have used a setting spray.  I have neve need it, my makeup stays in place all day. Even when I got married outside in 93 degree weather, my makeup did not move.

Esteemed Contributor

I also use WEN replenishing mist before and after makeup application.  Been doing this for years.  I also use it after night time cleansing  before I apply WEN 319 cream. I've been using IT cc cream as a base.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for taking time to answer my thread. Some really good ideals. I will print out the complete thread and decide which will work for me. 💐❤️🙋🏻
Respected Contributor

I don't use a spray.

My last step is Mally's Poreless Face Defender.  For me, it works better than anything, and I hardly need to even look once I've applied it.  Looks much better than powder.

Hyacinth