Respected Contributor

Do you use a "setting spray" after applying your make-up?

[ Edited ]
If so, what brand do you use? Could you post your age and what brand of make up you use. Liquid or powder? Is you skin dry or oily? (68 yrs. old, normal/dry skin) Thanks so much 🙋🏻❤️
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you use a "setting spray" after applying your make-up?

Smashbox photo ready primer water. Multi tasker before during after. 

Respected Contributor

I use MAC Prep and Prime, Wet n Wild, NYX or Urban Decay All Nighter. I have dry skin, I use liquid (various brands that are usually set with powder) and sometimes a mineral foundation (Pur Minerals) and the only thing you'll get from me about age is that "I am of a certain age!" !!

The best thing to do is find a formula that works for the need you are looking for. For example: dewy finish? matte? or to take the look of powder down? Most will all  extend your makeup, you need to determine what you want your finished "product" to look like!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I'm 65 with normal to sometimes dry skin. I wear liquid foundation with powder. I use Jane Iredale's setting spray.

Honored Contributor

No.  I just gently press a damp washcloth to remove any excess powder.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm 62 with normal/dry skin. I wear a mineral powder foundation occasionally. I apply it over my sunscreen which I think makes a good primer anyway. But I also use this MILANI spray b&a my foundation. This spray primes and sets my entire face and lasts all day.  Reviews are very good. This one gives more of a matte finish. They make another one called "Make It Dewey'" and it does just that.

MILANI SETTING SPRAY - around $9 to $11

2519996.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty   Never use it nor use a primer.  I wear Laura Mercier's tinted oil-free moisturizer.  I recently turned 68.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have used setting sprays off and on.  Most recently has been an "off" period.  I've recently decided to try a rose water spray in my routine and just ordered one (Alteya).  It can be used in assorted ways so maybe I'll try it as a setting spray.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty

Hi Smiley Happy

I'll be 61

Dry skin.

I use many lines of makeup

Liquid or a creamy foundation.

I've ONLY recently been using my setting sprays...had many just never thought it was needed, but now I love using a setting spray.

I wanted to see if it helped and it does keep my makeup set but also glow a bit like dewy looking.

I have 3 sprays (4 in all since one is in my purse) lol.

My fave is Dr. Dennis Gross's C Collagen Setting Spray

which is good for skin w/vit C in it and why I like it.

Got at Dermstore (sales!)

Also like Algenist 'Splash" (great ratings) ...both seem to set and make my skin nice and not dry looking. Some are like hairspray..these are not.

The MOST dewy is more for dry days and is in my purse by Tatcha.

It's is very dewy...looks and feels dewy..when I try it on clean skin it feels like a mild moisturizer.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I do not use a setting spray or a primer.  I've never found the need for either product.

My philosophy is, if I need a primer, I'm wearing the wrong foundation.