Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think Nicole Kidman

Actually i think you can tell if some of them use certain products , even Lisa never used to say she used that many products that were on the air she just presented them told the specifics ,even if they were hyped. Amy off of the other channel does seem to use a lot of products , they have a job to do , but i don't think they are told to lie if they don't  use everything.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Actually i think you can tell if some of them use certain products , even Lisa never used to say she used that many products that were on the air she just presented them told the specifics ,even if they were hyped. Amy off of the other channel does seem to use a lot of products , they have a job to do , but i don't think they are told to lie if they don't  use everything.

Lisa was actually really good about not saying she used or loved every product. You REALLY knew when she used it because she waxed poetic about it for days, like the Tatcha cleansing oil. She used to do that about Philosophy's facial cleanser but then she tried Tatcha's and she changed to that instead and then she never said she used Philosophy's once she changed. I respect that.

As I said, you can present things by simply discussing the product and what it does, etc without ever saying you love it or use it when you really don't. And no, using it a few times to try out the product in order to present it doesn't count as using it, lol. 

Valued Contributor

Hi I agree with at @happydaze and the others . I read in a women's magazine a few years ago where they broke down how much  Jennifer Aniston and some other celebrities spent on Skin , Beauty and Hair a month . It was mind blowing to say the least . Included  in the cost were facials, peels, colorings \, highlights etc. So, while they may use Aveeno , Olay or anything other brand .I'm pretty sure their skin and hair is looking good because o these professional treatments and not just a cream , serum or shampoo . have a great wekend 

Respected Contributor

Nope.  Just like the models that do commercials for mascara and they are obviously wearing false eyelashes.

Honored Contributor

I do not think most celebrities use the products they endorse.  i think if anyone would, it may be Sarah Jessica Parker--though I doubt she'd use a Garnier hair product.  She seems more "real" than most.

I also doubt Heather DuBrow uses Consult Beauty--no way.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I was just having lunch and saw this commercial. 

Please.

I find celebs pushing any product a complete turnoff and go out of my way to NOT use whatever it is they are selling.  Who cares what they say/think/use?  Not me.

However, at 66 I doubt I'm in their target audienceCat LOL

Respected Contributor

The topic of procedures and skincare has came up a lot. But the best face lift and fillers is not enough if the skin isn't smooth and radiant , you just look old and tight. Whether you like Nicole or not i think her skin looks beautiful and i am sure it isn't from one product.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry you don't like her I think Kidman is gorgeous and I have a lipstick made for her by Charlotte Tilbury called KIDMAN and it is gorgeous.  I think that is what I used when my picture was posted on the you know what.

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Sorry you don't like her I think Kidman is gorgeous and I have a lipstick made for her by Charlotte Tilbury called KIDMAN and it is gorgeous.  I think that is what I used when my picture was posted on the you know what.

I think she's super pretty. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Of course not.  It's so hypocritical for celebrities to sell us stuff when obviously they have used injections or face lifts to give them a youthful look.  Shame on her.