Respected Contributor

even uses the neutrogena retinol cream ? It may be a really good product but i can't see her using this. Her skin looks great but it also looks like it would be sensitive. Same company also has Jennifer Aniston for Aveeno. I know it is about money, but if i had the amount of money both of them do i would not put my name with something i didn't use.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think Nicole Kidman

[ Edited ]

I think rarely, if ever, any of the celebs use the products they are the "faces" for. In fact, Jennifer Aniston has had numerous articles over the years where she shared a skincare line she loves and uses and it was never Aveeno, lol. It was some $500 a bottle brand (can't remember the name). I am sure now should would mention Aveeno as a brand she uses since they are paying her but the truth was revealed before she was the face of anything.

Same goes with shopping channel hosts.

Honored Contributor

I think 99.9% of the time celebrities do not use the products they get paid to hawk. 

Esteemed Contributor

"Same goes with shopping channel hosts" 

How true!  How true!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I don't beleive all celebrities use the products they endorse.  They make big money, but also get their name and face out there, which keeps them in the limelight.  They can't afford to fade away.

It has been proven that celeberty endorsed products do sell.  It's big business. If a celeberty does something "off" the company drops the celeberty like a hot potato.  Think Tiger Woods.

In the past a few have been busted.... example: endorsing Pepsi and caught drinking Coke.

Honored Contributor

Don't know, don't care. Can't stand her.

Honored Contributor

I doubt very much if they use drug store brands, they are botox users and go under the knife. I marvel at how tight the skin on her face is, her husband too, who looks quite different than he did years ago.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I think rarely, if ever, any of the celebs use the products they are the "faces" for. In fact, Jennifer Aniston has had numerous articles over the years where she shared a skincare line she loves and uses and it was never Aveeno, lol. It was some $500 a bottle brand (can't remember the name). I am sure now it would be since they are paying her but this was before she was the face of anything.

I think it's easy to tell which products they really use and which products they used once as a part of the product training. There are some products they talk about differently from the others, You can tell when a host is presenting a beauty brand or product she's just presenting vs one she really uses and loves. I think there are a few products that the hosts really do use and love and the majority are things they're just presenting because that's their job.

Honored Contributor

The hair color ads are the ones that make me laugh the hardest.

There's no way Sarah Jessica Parker spent her Saturday picking up a box of Garnier hair color at the drugstore and then colored her own hair with it.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I think rarely, if ever, any of the celebs use the products they are the "faces" for. In fact, Jennifer Aniston has had numerous articles over the years where she shared a skincare line she loves and uses and it was never Aveeno, lol. It was some $500 a bottle brand (can't remember the name). I am sure now it would be since they are paying her but this was before she was the face of anything.

I think it's easy to tell which products they really use and which products they used once as a part of the product training. There are some products they talk about differently from the others, You can tell when a host is presenting a beauty brand or product she's just presenting vs one she really uses and loves. I think there are a few products that the hosts really do use and love and the majority are things they're just presenting because that's their job.

They can present things without saying they use it and love it, sometimes they will even say that the product is all they will use....until the next product from a different brand and then THAT is the one that they exclusively use. Shawn in infamous for this. One example is powder foundation. Mally's is all she will use because she can't stand the feel of foundation. Oh wait, presenting IT? Okay, it is the IT foundation is all she will use. and it goes on and on.

That is the issue. Some of those hosts have no credibility because everything they present they say they use and love and that is simply disingenious because if it were true, they'd never be able to get out of the house with all the stuff they must be using!