Respected Contributor

Do you think Beauty IQ Steals are just a way

of clearing older overstocked items ? Unlike QVC when they have aTSV they have thousands made just for the TSV. It doesn't really matter but i see items that have already aired and don't sell very well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think Beauty IQ Steals are just a way

@MW in Iowa wrote:

of clearing older overstocked items ? Unlike QVC when they have aTSV they have thousands made just for the TSV. It doesn't really matter but i see items that have already aired and don't sell very well.

I do, @MW in Iowa, especially when I see six eyeliners and several mascara. It's the same with the Dept. store brand cosmetics who give free "gifts" along with a purchase. I always especially saw it with Clinique free "gift" bags.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this a separate channel? In any case all I get is QVC...nothing else.  If they have added more than one new channel it seems a over the top / desperate. 

Honored Contributor

You are probably right.  It's rare that you get a real bargain from the Q.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't know if they are to move older overstocked items or not but they aren't much of a "deal" and certainly not a "steal". They are usually only a few bucks off the regular QVC price.  It would be nice if they'd also give free shipping for the "steal" but yeah, wishful thinking. QVC is the worst shopping channel in terms of deals, imo. 

Esteemed Contributor

I only paid attention when the 'steal' was WEN, but yes, that was a very good deal.
Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Is this a separate channel? In any case all I get is QVC...nothing else.  If they have added more than one new channel it seems a over the top / desperate. 

You are not missing much at all, @bonnielu. I get the three Q channels: there's nothing new. they're just moving the same old products around each channel.

It's like moving the chairs around the Titanic.

Respected Contributor

Just another way to get more addicted to watching and buying! 😱
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I don't know if they are to move older overstocked items or not but they aren't much of a "deal" and certainly not a "steal". They are usually only a few bucks off the regular QVC price.  It would be nice if they'd also give free shipping for the "steal" but yeah, wishful thinking. QVC is the worst shopping channel in terms of deals, imo. 

I watched the Philosophy hours yesterday and some of the selections did seem like real deals.  Also, all day free shipping and handling on the Philosophy products.  Don't know if that was limited to the products shown or all their products.  It was, however, a two hour show, and there were plenty of items shown.

Trusted Contributor

Are you talking about all the little discovery type kits?  I went into QVC's webpage last night to look up something, which I can't even remember now because the beauty steals really caught my eye.  I really love discovery kits and am always looking for something that interests me, as a way to try a line or products that I haven't tried before.  I often don't want a kit of full-sized products at a higher price and would prefer to try a small travel-size type kit for a lower price.  That's just my 2 cents.  I was excited when I saw the products.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*