Occasional Contributor

Do you think BGT will work for me?

So I adore my CA and the Fall Apple Spice gives some good results as well (although the smell is a little too powerful for me). My hair is fine but there is a lot of it. The 613 made my hair very dry and straw like. I want to give the BGT a go but I am not sure if I should. I would love some opinions!
Occasional Contributor

Re: Do you think BGT will work for me?

I used the 613 as my second cleanse and had this result.
Respected Contributor

My hair is similar to yours. I like the BGT, but find I can only use it occasionally. My hair is similar to yours in the way that 613 can be drying if I use too much. When I use BGT occasionally, it smooths my hair and adds shine. But, sometimes it makes it seem dry and frizzy. I don't get consistent results with it, but the times I do get good results, I love it! I keep BGT on hand. I only use it as a second cleanse. I always use tea tree, Wen kids, or CA as my first cleanse. For the second cleanse, I rotate Sam, lavender, BGT, and the seasonals. I do use 613 sometimes, maybe once a month. I hope this helps.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Occasional Contributor

This helps a lot, thank you! I have some SHP on the way and I have had the SAM/TT duo and the BGT sitting in my cart as my next purchase. I was reluctant to continue because I wasn't sure if BGT would give a similar result as the 613.
Respected Contributor

On 6/8/2014 Sudztastic said: This helps a lot, thank you! I have some SHP on the way and I have had the SAM/TT duo and the BGT sitting in my cart as my next purchase. I was reluctant to continue because I wasn't sure if BGT would give a similar result as the 613.
I like the BGT more than 613. I think you will like it better. You can probably get good results from 613, just use it occasionally. When I use it occasionally, I like it. It's really strange. I guess it just depends on what my hair needs. I think my hair is just super healthy and doesn't need the extras that 613 has as much.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

The only way you will know is to try it for yourself. BGT makes my hair a bit dry but others with similar hair types it works fine for. No one can say for sure if it will work for you and if you don't like it, you can return it.

Honored Contributor

I also have thin/fine hair but my hair loves 613 CC because of the concentrated amino acid complex. My hair does even better with the bamboo amino acid complex in BGT.

Even though you also have thin/fine hair, if 613 CC is making your hair dry and like straw probably your hair has enough protein in it already. Too much added amino acid complex (the building blocks of protein) will do this too your hair. In the extreme, you can even have hair breakage.

As much as you would really like to try BGT, I'd suggest staying away from it for now and experimenting with some of the other CCs. The Seasonals also have the amino acid complex in them but it's not as concentrated as in 613, so they may work well for you also.

-- bebeSmile Wen FAQ - key Wen links - Wen 101 - tips from Chaz Dean Studio

Trusted Contributor

My hair is the same as yours, fine, but a lot of it. I've tried almost all of the flavors (except Cucumber Aloe) and I just can't find the right one. BGT was the best of the lot, but I still lost volume. 613 is supposed to be a treatment, but dried out my hair. I normally use Matrix Total Results Amplify Volume Shampoo with Pantene Volume Conditioner. I wash my hair everyday, so I'm going to try the Matrix for the first cleanse, with the BGT as the second/conditioner next. If that doesn't work, the BGT gallon will go back unused (I bought the BGT/613 TSV awhile back) and stick to what works for me. Wen is like any beauty product, it doesn't work for everyone, and it's too expensive to not be 100% happy with it! I do think it's better for your hair, my hair stylist even agrees! But if you don't like the way you look, it's not worth it IMO.