Respected Contributor

Re: Do you still watch Beauty YouTubers?

Yes a watch a few. I watch lisalisad1 mainly because she spends like crazy. There could be a college psych course on what's behind all her spending.

I'm also into watching cooking videos. I love Paula Deen.

Respected Contributor

I watch Risa does Makeup...that's about it. 

Honored Contributor

Not regularly.  I subscribe to a number of them, but very rarely watch.  If someone here mentions one that is informative I may watch it, but only if the topic peaks my interest.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

No personally I don't.  I've got my routine and look I desire down pat.  I have tuned in to several to see what they were like but that was about it and did not learn anything I needed to.

I think we all know what works for our own faces - colors, technique's etc and what doesn't

at this point.

Honored Contributor

I am subscribed to about 30 Beauty YouTubers. I still watch but maybe not as much as I used to because I'm not in the market to buy as much as I used to. I enjoy the person, the techniques and the products whether I'm buying or not. I'm not bothered by sponsored videos because I know what I want/need and I have and have the ability to think for myself. This platform is no different than QVC or TV commercials or print commercials. The same people that talk smack about YouTube influencers will buy products from QVC influencers. Go figure. I enjoy Instagram also. Tik tok not so much but I'm new to that platform.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching YT years ago. At first I was looking for tips for applying makeup as I aged and my hair turned gray. Then I realized those ladies were being paid well for pushing certain products and I felt scammed, in a way.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Aren't TV commercial spokespeople and QVC spokespeople also being paid well for selling products? And I think every YouTuber that I watch tells you up front and or shows  an icon that indicates an ad.  This is just mostly a very anti YouTube group of ladies. And YouTube is just an extension of older advertising platforms but some people don't like change.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch them very often, probably once or twice a week, and I don't subscribe to any of them.

I like the ones who are dermatologists, the exceptions being James Welsh and Dominique Sachse.

I also watch Margaret Manning Sixty and Me. She does makeup, and gives pointers for living your best life over 50. She doesn't try to look younger, just try to look your best, make the most of your life now and appreciate who you are. 

Not beauty, but I watch YouTube videos on fantasy football. That helps me set up lineups to score points.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw  

fantasy football.

Whaaaat?  I'll have to look into this.

Honored Contributor

Never did. I pretty much have my makeup application down and I don't really have the time to work on a new technique.

Now, I went down the Youtube rabbit hole while we were putting up my greenhouse.  And I do subscribe to a couple of gardening YouTubers along with Nick Verreos from Project Runway fame.  He makes videos on patternmaking.  In a nutshell, I use YouTube as a how-to tool.