Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you remember a translucent soap with pastel pieces of soap inside? From the1960s?

@4kitties wrote:

Is this it?C6C08C3D-948C-45F6-AE2C-2ED8DA3BC900.jpeg

We bought this soap and a bottle of the fragrance every year for my grandma. She said it made her "stink pretty".😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you remember a translucent soap with pastel pieces of soap inside? From the1960s?

@rms1954 wrote:

Soap rocks?

@rms1954 I was going to say that too. If I remember correctly Jill bought the soap company to QVC's attention.

Honored Contributor

@hummermom wrote:

@Sooner   I found the Maja soap on the Vermont Country Store website! 

@hummermom Good slutheing!   Unfortunately they don't have that translucent one.  They probably don't make that one anymore.  Thanks so much and maybe I'll get one of these! 

Regular Contributor

i think that Spanish soap was MAJA. It's still around- Vermont country store has it I believe-  I remember it- yes we put it in lingerie drawers. 

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I remember a perfumed soap from Spain that we used to put in a lingerie drawer, but its name hasn't surfaced yet.

@PickyPicky3 ~ Hi!  I believe the name is "Maja."  I wore that fragrance starting in high school!

Respected Contributor

The only oval shaped clear soap I remember from the 60's was Pears Soap, but I don't think it had chunks of other soap in it.

Frequent Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

My mom and I were nuts over a little soap sold in the 1960's and 1970's that was translucent and had chunks of solid colored soap inside--blue and pink and yellow as I remember.  I know it was made in another country, but don't remember which country!

It came wrapped in clear cellophane and I think had an oval shaped label on the front. . . 

I look for it occasionally but haven't found it in years.  It was pretty common way back in the day and you could find it in department stores and sometimes in discount places.

One of those things you think about occasionally and wish you could still find.  I just wondered if anyone else used it or remembered it.  I ask this here every year or so.

It was quite exotic for the time and place where we lived, but it sure left your skin soft!  Woman Very Happy

Yes, I remember it EXACTLY.  Bought it on a regular basis.  I can 'see' it now, clearish glycerine with embedded pastel chunks. The body itself was glycerine, the chunks were solid.   It's not what anyone has mentioned so far.  But I can't recall the name!  🥺

Now, if only they would revive both that soap, AND Sirena coconut soap, I'd be happy, 🎉

Trusted Contributor

I remember my stepfather used to give that Maja soap to the females in the family at Christmas.  Came in a set of three soaps in a box.  Even when I was a teenager I put the soap in my underwear drawer.  I always thought it was a big deal that as a young girl, I got the soaps along with the "women" in the family.  Very pretty packaging on that soap and if I remember correctly, it had a nice fragrance.

Honored Contributor

@Nick and Nora wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

My mom and I were nuts over a little soap sold in the 1960's and 1970's that was translucent and had chunks of solid colored soap inside--blue and pink and yellow as I remember.  I know it was made in another country, but don't remember which country!

It came wrapped in clear cellophane and I think had an oval shaped label on the front. . . 

I look for it occasionally but haven't found it in years.  It was pretty common way back in the day and you could find it in department stores and sometimes in discount places.

One of those things you think about occasionally and wish you could still find.  I just wondered if anyone else used it or remembered it.  I ask this here every year or so.

It was quite exotic for the time and place where we lived, but it sure left your skin soft!  Woman Very Happy

Yes, I remember it EXACTLY.  Bought it on a regular basis.  I can 'see' it now, clearish glycerine with embedded pastel chunks. The body itself was glycerine, the chunks were solid.   It's not what anyone has mentioned so far.  But I can't recall the name!  🥺

Now, if only they would revive both that soap, AND Sirena coconut soap, I'd be happy, 🎉

@Nick and Nora Exactly!  Isn't it funny how things like that stick in your head?  I remember the first one we bought just on a whim then realized it was great soap!  And for many years it wasn't uncommon to find it.

Good memories!