Honored Contributor

Do you put your skin care in the Fridge?

I just read an article about putting skin care in the fridge:

( In Real Simple online)

If you haven't experienced the feeling of applying chilled skincare straight from the fridge, you're really missing out.

If you don’t have a skincare fridge, your eye creams, rollers, and serums can all be stored in the normal fridge (yep, alongside your eggs and condiments).

I’d recommend reserving a shelf in your door dedicated to your skincare products so you can grab and go in the morning.

Aside from feeling great and extending the shelf life of your products (pun intended), the cold will soothe puffy and inflamed skin.

I dont usually put them in the fridge how about you?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you put your skin care in the Fridge?

@CherryHugs  Sounds like it may work for some.  I don't use a ton of beauty products so I wouldn't bother with doing that.  Also I wouldn't want a small fridge in my bathroom.  Also  I think it's silly to run to the kitchen to get what I need to get ready!  I do use Beekman goat milk eye cream which comes with a smooth metal applicator which always feels cool around my eyes.

Honored Contributor

I wouldnt buy a fridge just for products!  I have the 

Skinn Cosmetics Ice Depuffing Eye Moisture Balm

and it feels cool when applied.   That Beekman eye cream sounds nice!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

I  do have a small makeup fridge in my bathroom and I keep my serums and eye creams in it. I think it's especially helpful for extending the shelf life of my Vitamin C serum.

Honored Contributor

When I open a new Vit. C serum, I pour 1/2 into a dark dropper bottle to use in my bathroom. Put the cap back on the other half and store in frig. until ready for it. Sometimes, I put my hydrating toner in there, too, but too much effort...long walk to kitchen...when getting ready.

Esteemed Contributor

My day to day products, no.  My overstock Woman Wink, yes.  I have quite a bit of body cream on hand and it is kept in the crisper drawer of the fridge LOL. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

I have a fridge just dedicated to my skin care.  

Respected Contributor

I do keep my vitamin C serum in the fridge and it never darkens. 

Honored Contributor

I have one.  It sits on a shelf in one of my bathroom closets.  My daughter bought it for me for my birthday this year.  I LOVE it!  I'd had been thinking for years how nice it would be for all those reasons listed in the article but just never acted on it.  I've got serums, face and hand moisturizers/lotions, glycolic peel pads and oils and setting sprays are especially refreshing.  I can't understand why some find it so...eww!  I posted this picture a couple of months ago but here it is again.  She bought it on Amazon for $50ish.

fridge.jpg

inside-fridge.jpg

Respected Contributor

Certain oils and hair products I do put in my fridge.