Honored Contributor

Re: Do you put your long hair up before going to bed?

My hair is shoulder length.  During my last cut she took more than I wanted.  I could have phrased it differently.   I didn't. 

I sleep with my hair down.

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@MarLoCat wrote:

I use these, but only to occasionally keep my hair pulled back during the day.  I really like them - They stretch out as much as you need (I have thick hair), and then go back to their original tiny size.  They also don't leave creases.

But I've had long hair for a lot of my life, and I've never even thought about putting it up at night.  I've always left it down, and never had any issues at all.  It's fascinating to me that so many posters have problems if they leave their hair down.  

@NYC Susan  Hi!  Like the invisibobble for the same reasons they are comfortable & won't give a migraine.  I have straight-waist length hair & thick also. For sleeping...I use the invisibobble as is & do not double it...seems to keep my hair bit neater looking in the morning.  During the day I wear my hair down long.

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Esteemed Contributor

Mine is below my shoulders.  If i don’t tie it back I can’t sleep.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge

Looks as if you should hang on to that clip, very rightly!

According to the info provided by @sidsmom

it is irreplaceable.

Dog gone it, I was hoping to grab some because my clips are definitely hurting my scalp.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I used to but feel it caused breakage/ I sleep on a satiny pillow case now  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

No, I wear a night capImage result for night cap 1800s

Cute! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe

These also work very well, if you have enough hair to keep it from slipping. (No real 'grabber' teeth)

Goody brand, #46013

IMG_20190130_103026_hdr_kindlephoto-657370643.jpg

The arc sits comfortably atop the scalp, clip grabs well on my loosely coiled textured hair but nothing in this design can grab at the skin.

Sorry I didn't think of these earlier. They're still in the stores.

i think if your hair is straight and resists taking a curl this clip style may slide out as you move around.

Super Contributor

I've tried clips, invisibobbles, and scrunchies, but they all bug me too much. I've thought about wearing a scarf, but my DH will never let that one pass without jokes. My biggest issue seems to be the front part of my hair picking up oil from my night time products, so sometimes I just clip that back. I'm growing out the front, so hopefully it will get easier to pin back.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don’t put my hair up as a bun would not be comfortable to lie on at night. What drives me crazy is morning bed head where I get a part at the back of my head where there’s a cowlick. That means my hair needs washing as an oily scalp creates bed head on me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has been very enlightneing- As you can see by my picture, i have long hair- I never even THOUGHT of putting it back when I sleep..I sleep on a satin pillowcase and atually feel it looks BETTER after a nights sleep on one- 

I am naturally straight, and dont like to spend much time on my hair, so I dont think I would wantto have any kind of "crimp" in my hair fro putting it back/up, but many of the devices you ladies yuse are interesting.

I am 60 and honestly I think my hair looks better now, is shinier etc than when I was younger...

ETA: I am a back/side sleeper, that might make a difference...