Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you put your long hair up before going to bed?

@Mothertrucker

You  secure hair in a "pineapple" atop the head, allowing you to roll side to side (on your satin pillowcases) without disturbing the pineapple. 

Also, long hair can't get trapped under you preventing you from being able to move.

Clips, bands, etc that leave tell-tale crimp marks are just unacceptable.

But some people spray hair, then braid, coil, etc before securing in pineapple in a way that will intentionally make waves, curls etc the following morning without curlers or heat appliances.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Mothertrucker

You  secure hair in a "pineapple" atop the head, allowing you to roll side to side (on your satin pillowcases) without disturbing the pineapple. 

Also, long hair can't get trapped under you preventing you from being able to move.

Clips, bands, etc that leave tell-tale crimp marks are just unacceptable.

But some people spray hair, then braid, coil, etc before securing in pineapple in a way that will intentionally make waves, curls etc the following morning without curlers or heat appliances.

I think I may have an aversion to this because my mom rolled my hair in rags when i was a kid and i had to sleep on all those knots! they hurt! But they gave me beautiful curls....

Thank  you for explaining "pineapple"  for me!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

no, it gives me a headache if i do. i leave it down mostly or put it in a loose braid if it needs washing. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop