Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you put your long hair up before going to bed?

@MarLoCat wrote:

I use these, but only to occasionally keep my hair pulled back during the day.  I really like them - They stretch out as much as you need (I have thick hair), and then go back to their original tiny size.  They also don't leave creases.

But I've had long hair for a lot of my life, and I've never even thought about putting it up at night.  I've always left it down, and never had any issues at all.  It's fascinating to me that so many posters have problems if they leave their hair down.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe .There's no brand name on it. I look everywhere for another because I have no backup.

See where the teeth grip together, how it's horizontal. No itchy sore spot on the top of my head in the

AM.

The clips that give me that sore spot have teeth that are more angled.

20180613_143239.jpg20180613_143309.jpg

Super Contributor

I am usually too lazy to do much with my hair. They are tied up in a bun all day long so I just let them loose while sleeping. However, if I do have the mood to take care of them I braid them loosely. IMO a top knot may give lovely waves but doing so tugs at your hair and isn't healthy.

Honored Contributor

My hair is below bra strap in the back, but I don't put it up at night and it doesn't bother me at all when I'm sleeping.

The tension caused by putting it up too tightly can cause breakage and sore scalp.

I do sleep on a satin pillow case, as advised by my derm when I asked about hair thinning. The satin provides 'slip' and doesn't pull my hair, as I toss and turn a lot.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:
I always do, but sometimes I wonder if that is causing my hair to break, but I also feel it could be damaging to my hair by leaving it down and tossing and turning on my pillow all night.

@Sue98

No, I don't do anything with it.  I used to braid it but it was causing breakages.  I just let it go.  I understand that satin cases are better for hair and skin but I never tried as I have to prop myself up because of health conditions and I am sure I would keep sliding off!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Drythe .There's no brand name on it. I look everywhere for another because I have no backup.

See where the teeth grip together, how it's horizontal. No itchy sore spot on the top of my head in the

AM.

The clips that give me that sore spot have teeth that are more angled.

20180613_143239.jpg20180613_143309.jpg

@x Hedge

I found Vidal Sassoon Omega Claw Clip....but it’s not sold anywhere.

Eeps.

856E2BE3-4A95-4C31-BB97-C878AB0C220E.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

This is what I used to pineapple my hair when it was longer. 

No damage and no soreness.

I'm using a satin cap to protect my curls now, while I wait for my hair to grow out again.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair is a little past my shoulders and when going to bed I  always put it in a lose ponytail with a scrunchie on the top of my head.  I also wear it up when exercising or sunbathing/swimming.  In the morning when I let it down, it's flowy and pretty.

Honored Contributor

I do in the hotter weather, otherwise no.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

waist length hair very loosely braided held w/a ribbon.

No plastic, no metal as much as possible in my hair.