Trusted Contributor

Do you put your long hair up before going to bed?

I always do, but sometimes I wonder if that is causing my hair to break, but I also feel it could be damaging to my hair by leaving it down and tossing and turning on my pillow all night.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you put your long hair up before going to bed?

@Sue98 When I had long hair (I have a very short pixie now) I did a loose French braid before bed.

Trusted Contributor

No. Whatever I used to put it up would drive me crazy.

Honored Contributor

When I wore my hair long, waist length, I would pull it up at night or my husband would lay on it and I couldn't move.

If I slept alone, I left it down.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do...always a slightly loose top knot wrapped round and around. Next day when I let it down, my hair is full of waves and curled ends. It looks like I curled my hair with rollers.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I put it up in a pineapple, with a soft scrunchie, wrap it around the center, and clip it.  I have noticed that it is making my head sore in the AM, so probably should try something a bit different.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Yes. Always.

Valued Contributor

I have long hair and I never put it up at night. It would give me a headache and I'd end up with major creases in it.  

Valued Contributor

Interesting question.

I have hair about an inch below my shoulders and I do loosely put it back in a low pony so it doesn't get in my face as I sleep.  There doesn't seem to be any negative side effect to the condition of my hair from this that I can tell.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I also do a top knot so I have waves in the morning. But sometimes because my hair is so heavy, it gives me a headache so I have to lower the knot more toward the back of my head. My hair is shoulder length.