Honored Contributor

Re: Do you only use one brand for makeup?

NOOOOOOOOO!

Respected Contributor

I've tried others, but now I just stick with Bare Minerals.  No irritation and wonderful coverage without having to us very much.  I got sick of trying things that looked off color or caused a break out.

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, maybe 15-20 years ago I was a one brand kind of girl.  But in the last 10 years or so, with all the great brands coming out, I've expanded my horizons.  I'm no longer committed to just one brand.  I find what I like the best about each of my preferred brands & stick to it...ha!...until the next big thing comes out.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I'll always try new brands and products, but usually settle in on a blush in one line, a setting powder from another, etc. I've used the same drugstore mascara for over 10 yrs.

I've stayed for 30 yrs. with Bobbi Brown's foundations, tinted moisturizers, concealers and correctors mainly because I've yet to find a better match, textures and formulations for my skin. 

I can't think of any one line of makeup that would have every product in the colors and formulas I'd need or want. 

Honored Contributor

Definitely different brands.  As another poster stated, makeup is fun and I would hate to just stick to one brand.

Frequent Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

That would be like using only one brand of skin care 😁.

I pretty much only use one brand when it comes to my skincare. I do use different brands when it comes to my makeup, though.

Trusted Contributor

No.

Like others have shared, I'm always up for trying different brands.

I'll use some basic medicated skin care items but I'll also try different cleansers and moisturizers for example, depending on how my skin is feeling--is it too dry or too oily at the time, etc.

As for make-up, I love lip products so I'm always happy to pick up different lip balms or glosses or lipsticks. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

I have a friend who I teach with who only uses Clinique.  I imagine that her mom only uses Clinique so it was just passed down to her.  I find this interesting.  I've never used only one brand.

What about you?

Like another poster said, I wish my life were that simple. I’m too curios and too much of a makeup junkie to stick to one brand. 😊

Honored Contributor

I use several brands. I use what works.  I love the light touch of Bobbi Brown anti ageing foundation.  My powder is Clique.   My lipstick ( when we used to wear it)  is Clinique. 

Super Contributor

I use a lot of different brands, but for a while I only used Mary Kay lip gloss because other brands were causing irritation.