Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like the blonde hair with "roots showing' look....

@Bhvbum wrote:

This has been around for at least 25-30 years.  Look up some pic of Princess Diana, that is exactly how she had her hair dyed.Image result for princess diana"

@Bhvbum   Is it fact that it was dyed that way? Heavy blonde highlights or time for a touch up?

Honored Contributor

Might be OK for some.......but it just makes me look lazy and careless.  I always keep my roots up......even if it's only an emergency hairline touch-up.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

No -  but I'd love to have dark roots to show.  This AM my roots are showing silver. That will change in the next few hours!

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely not!  It is not attractive at all.  It looks like a dye job is needed (which is true) and was not taken care of for many reasons. Women previously always made sure not to have that look and now it is done purposely! Go figure!

Respected Contributor

No, but I like it better than dark hair with gray roots Woman Wink.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like it when there is a part with a couple of inches of dark roots, but when it's like the Diana pic - then yes I do.

Amazingly, at 69, I still have dark roots (altho interestingly not quite as dark as they once were) growing into my highlighted blonde hair and I don't think it looks bad when it's styled as I noted like Diana's cut.

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

This has been around for at least 25-30 years.  Look up some pic of Princess Diana, that is exactly how she had her hair dyed.Image result for princess diana"

With that face, head of hair, and cut, she always looked fabulous.  Contrast the volume and style of her hair with the stringy shapelessness that so many women opt for today  (I'm thinking mainly of those long, flat-on-the-scalp, "beachy"-wave styles...).

Super Contributor

NO! NO! NO!

Honored Contributor

It depends.  My hair is highlighted blonde and she does what is called a shadow root so my roots are darker.  However, they are blended down the head slightly so it's not a harsh line that looks like root re-growth.  Shadow root has to be done well or it looks bad.  And this way I don't get that harsh regrowth like Charlize has in that photo.

Charlize and the woman on the right just look like they have bad root re-growth and no I don't care for that at all.