Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you like the blonde hair with "roots showing' look....

@Bhvbum wrote:

This has been around for at least 25-30 years.  Look up some pic of Princess Diana, that is exactly how she had her hair dyed.Image result for princess diana"

What a pretty picture of Diana!!!! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

This has been around for at least 25-30 years.  Look up some pic of Princess Diana, that is exactly how she had her hair dyed.Image result for princess diana"

Yes I like it alot wish I could do my hair like that!  

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything attractive about that look.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It depends.  My hair is highlighted blonde and she does what is called a shadow root so my roots are darker.  However, they are blended down the head slightly so it's not a harsh line that looks like root re-growth.  Shadow root has to be done well or it looks bad.  And this way I don't get that harsh regrowth like Charlize has in that photo.

Charlize and the woman on the right just look like they have bad root re-growth and no I don't care for that at all.

You explained exactly what that is so I could understand it!  Shadow root....that's new to me and I agree with your post...there is a way it has to be done so it looks good.

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It depends.  My hair is highlighted blonde and she does what is called a shadow root so my roots are darker.  However, they are blended down the head slightly so it's not a harsh line that looks like root re-growth.  Shadow root has to be done well or it looks bad.  And this way I don't get that harsh regrowth like Charlize has in that photo.

Charlize and the woman on the right just look like they have bad root re-growth and no I don't care for that at all.

You explained exactly what that is so I could understand it!  Shadow root....that's new to me and I agree with your post...there is a way it has to be done so it looks good.

@Lipstickdiva  - your explanation makes sense and sounds like a very natural look as opposed to a sharp contrast.  Like in Diana's picture, it looks very natural.  Also Diana's hair is full and not flat, stringy and stuck to the scalp like Margot Robbie and Gwenyth Paltrow's hairstyle.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, like @Lipstickdiva mentioned, if it's done correctly, it looks good.  This is very similar to my haircolor, and yes, I do like it.

Bronde Shag with Shadow Roots

Super Contributor

It reminds me of a skunk, in reverse.  To me, it looks fake and demanding attention due to insecurity. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@janeec I'm certainly not demanding attention due to insecurity.