Honored Contributor

Do you have thick, long, gray or white hair?

Some women just have such beautiful hair that fits that bill. If you do, how do you keep it looking pretty? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have thick, long, gray or white hair?

129.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

129.gif

I don't get it. I'm thinking of letting my hair grow longer and going that route. Gray hair may require more maintenance. @Mz iMac, is your hair this way?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Well prior to you calling me out, I was going to "lurk" your post for suggestions. Smiley Wink

I started letting my hair grow 6 months ago from a buzz cut which I have worn for over 20 yrs.  Currently my hair is slightly below the shoulders.  At the age of 66, my hair just started turning gray but only in the front over my eyebrows.  I look like a devil w/white horns is the only way I can explain it. Smiley LOL

I haven't changed shampoo or conditioner *yet.*  My mother has steel gray hair.  She says my gray is white.  I would like to keep it white so I am also looking for "suggestions."  I have noticed that my gray horns/hair is fragil. Smiley Mad

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac, oh thanks. I thought you meant I was lurking. I couldn't figure that one out. I need maps to tell me where I'm going. LOL

My mother had two tone hair. It was pretty, and I just don't want to do perms any more. So long seems right. Your avitar looks brunette, so I was confused. Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

My avitar is my buzz cut.  No gray.  I think I started turning gray 4 1/2 months ago.  My hair is dr brown everywhere else.  And I mean everywhere. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Don't I wish I had that problem!

I can tell you how to tolerate white, wirey, very fine short hair!

Trusted Contributor

Also lurking.  Someone on these boards once described my (natural) hair color perfectly:  cat pee on old newspaper.  I'm still coloring but am interested . . . 
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I have salt and pepper hair, more salt than pepper.  I wear a Suze Orman type of hairstyle. I just use a shampoo for silver hair and nothing else, except I blow it dry with my dryer and fingers, no brush.  

I do not smoke and I am careful when I travel.  I will not wash my hair in some types of water for fear of turning my silver hair yellow. I  don't use hairspray or other products because they tend to turn hair yellow especially in the sun.

I always get compliments. People even ask me where  I get imy hair highlighted ?? My hair is sliky and soft and it shines.

I guess I got my good hair genes from my parents.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I got good health and good skin...but c.r.a.p.p.y hair!