Respected Contributor

Re: Do you have hand cream that helps thin crepy skin?

[ Edited ]

I posed a similar question a few months back and got some good responses.  Per Angie of Hot & Flashy, I had been using Alpha Skin Care Renewal Body Lotion 12% Glycolic AHA.  It was not quite hydrating enough, which is why I posted my original question, so I tried a hand cream recommended on my post.  While I did notice more hydration everywhere else, my cuticles and skin around my nails became so dry and I started getting A LOT of hangnails.  I immediately started mixing the Alpha lotion with that hand cream, and the skin around my nails is now as perfect as can be--not rough, no hangnails, smooth cuticles--perfect.  

I am getting ready to try the Alpha Skin Care 12% AHA Extra Strength Deep Therapy Food Cream, and many reviews said they used it on their hands, so I am thinking that the cream version will be just what I need for smoothing and hydrating.

I purchase these items on Amazon, btw.

Here is Angie's video on the lotion if you are interested in watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT_s0-XrHSo

Trusted Contributor

Family Favorite!! We always keep it in stock

Trusted Contributor

Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl Hand Cream - my favorite!  Addresses crepiness you mentioned as well as many other skincare benefits.  Also has an spf25 broad spectrum.  Love this stuff!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite hand cream is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. It works. It absorbs in the skin quickly, does not feel greasy and you don't have to reapply constantly. The now make a more concentrated version for the hands and it is wonderful. I would not be without it.

Josie Maran makes an excellent hand cream. I treat myself to that a few times a year but the the First Aid product if more budget friendly for me.

Honored Contributor

I use Jergens Ultra for dry skin.  I use it on my entire body.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Valued Contributor

Beekman works well for me. 

Respected Contributor

I've found that my facial serums are the best thing for my hands. When I finish putting my serums on my face, I rub the remainder into the backs of my hands and that seems to make more if a diffence than any specific hand cream I've tried. I really like O'Keefe's Working Hands, First Aid Beauty Ultra cream, and the SkinFix Hand Repair Cream.

Honored Contributor

SkinFix

I use rosehip oil on my face at night and rub any extra into my hands.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

My father was a red head and had creapy skin as he got older. I am also a red head and also have very creapy skin on my arms and esp. my hands. Working full time as a nurse - having to literally wash my hands every 5 min - has not done them well. Honestly, my hands look like they are 90 years old. My cousin , also a nurse, and I share this so we feel it is more genetic than anything else, though she is not a redhead. You just can't fight your genes.

Honored Contributor

Josie Maran argan oil body butter and also Skinn hand cream. They both work on my hands!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller